Okay, I'm started to get worried here....

Alright, I get the game as soon as it comes out on pc. I don't get to play it much that night but I get off the next day at 1PM and I'm all about getting on some KOTOR2. I play til I get to where you have to walk on the catwalk outside the station on Peragus (where the Harbringer shows up) and my comp freezes (2 sec loop of death). I think no prob and do a hard shutdown and restart of my comp. I reload and get in to the dorms section and the same thing happens again. Since then, this has happened repeatedly and I think no big deal I'll wait on the patch and try and play through it in the meantime (I get to play anwhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours before it happens).

I wish my story ended there though. Not long after that, I went to the Lucas Arts website to look at what I only get to play in short spurts. While perusing the site, the 2 sec sound loop of death happens again. I thought this was off since this never happened on my comp before but I restart and try again. Now I was trying to play KOTOR (the first one) and it happened yet again. I'm starting to worry if the patch will fix my problem or not. The only thing that I did differently was that I installed directx 9.0c and I downloaded the 66.93 drivers for my video card.

These are my specs:

AMD Athlon 2200+ (1.8Ghz)

512MB Ram

NVIDIA Geforce 2 Ultra (64MB) Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card

Windows XP OS

I know I don't have the best system on the market but I'm capable of running the game and when I do get to play it runs fine. Oh, I'm running on the lowest settings. I've even went in and tweaked with some of the directx and video settings and it does the same thing.

Anyone got any ideas?

I don't know how to solve this but two options I can give u.

1Look at other thread and see if u can find something similar. OBS it can bee a way of from your prob, but give it a shot.

2Try to do a complete reinstall of your graph card. Delete all files and such. Try to play without upgrading your card.

If u wants to upgrade it I suggest going upgrade after upgrade until your game stop working (if u got it working from the beginning that is).

Goodluck:thumbsup:

Alright, I went into my bios after having the same problem while I was just browsing on the net and i noticed my temp was @ 60 degrees C. I blowed all the dust out of my tower and installed another fan and we'll see if that helps.

Wish me luck.

Cleaning out the dust and lower temps should help, but try to make sure that you're running the latest video drivers after a clean install (i.e. Uninstall the old drivers, reboot into Safe Mode, run Driver Cleaner or a similar util, reboot, and install the new drivers.)

If you can, make sure your power supply is powerful and that the voltages it provides don't fluctuate much.

As far as game settings go, disable Soft Shadows and Frame Buffer Effects, and open swkotor2.ini and add the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 under the [Graphics Options] section.

Do you know specifically what model sound blaster you have?

Sound looping etc may be being caused by a shared IRQ. To check, go into device manager and view resources by connection. Under IRQ, check if there multiple items sharing the IRQ with your soundcard.

Oh my goodness, I'm mad at myself. After cleaning out some dust in my case and then installing the new fan I've been playing this game for like 5 hours now and no problems whatsoever. I was on Onderon and I just cleared it and I took my first level of weapon master.

Everyone, check your comp's temp if you're having a similar problem to mine.