Dialogue skipping/fast-forward bug

Alright, now look, I'm not the one to whine about minor problems with the game (like graphical glitches with holograms), but when I encounter things that seriously detract from my game experience, I become really upset.

Namely, I've been experiencing this fast-forward dialogue bug. Every now and then, the dialogue is simply skipped - e.g., I choose a dialogue option, then the screen blinks and next thing I know, I'm presented with a new choice of dialogue options. I've had it happen to me at least twice - once in the cutscene where I talk about my accommodation on the Harbinger, and then SPOILER WARNING when the half-rotten Sith Lord has a go at me and Atton in the engine room, shortly after his battle with Kreia.

As I'm sure you'll agree, it severely detracts from my game satisfaction, and as there's no telling when it might happen next, I risk missing some important quest dialogue next.

Question is, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Oh, and I'm running the game on ASUS Radeon X800, and my computer fully meets the system requirements (and, in fact, exceeds them).

Regards,

Soviet

MANY people are having this problem, myself included. I have emailed Lucasarts, but I encourage you to do so as well and politely explain the issue and give a detailed explanation of your system and when the issue happens.

I've also contacted the head of ATI's driver development team and he's taking reports on KOTOR 2 and KOTOR issues so that they can get fixed. If you're interested in posting a report, this is the thread at DriverHeaven.