Troubleshooting Guide

Here is a link to the official troubleshooting page for KOTOR2, on the LucasArts website.

Troubleshooting Guide

Hopefully it will be of some help to those having problems.

link doesn't work... to many '//'

:thumbsup:

A link truly worthy of this game!

:thumbsup:

PS I contacted Obsidian about the faulty link.

This was their official response:

D'oh!

I got a few problems when trying to play this game. Firstly, I cant play with any sound otherwise the game simply locks up before it has started. Secondly, the frame rate is appalling. My computer isnt exactly high end but plays games such as Half-Life 2 and Far Cry without any problems. The other bug is that I cant watch any of the cutscenes or movies without a crash. My system is a Pentium 4 2.80 Dell. It has dual ATI Radeon X300SE cards and SoundMAX Digital Audio for sound. Im not techniquely minded at all so it could be that I missed something, however I would really appreciate any help!

I've posted my KOTOR 2 guide at http://magestrix.com/games/KOTOR2_Guide.html and you might find something there that helps.

Cheers, that was very helpful. Unfortunatley, I think Im going to take the game back because even with the fiddling around its still far from smooth and crashes too regularly to be playable, which is a shame as like you the first KOTOR was one of my favourite games. I have a suspicion that it is probably more to do with my computer and my Radeon cards than anything else. Oh well! :o

Cheers, that was very helpful.  Unfortunatley, I think Im going to take the game back because even with the fiddling around its still far from smooth and crashes too regularly to be playable, which is a shame as like you the first KOTOR was one of my favourite games.  I have a suspicion that it is probably more to do with my computer and my Radeon cards than anything else. Oh well! :o

I've got a Radeon too, Jono. And I really recommend you hang onto the game until we see how good Obsidian's upcoming patch is. It'd be a shame to take the game back and find out a day or two later that most or all of the issues are resolved.

I know it's not easy to deal with a game that promises so much and then has so many unpredictable bugs and problems. But Lucasarts is to blame here for rushing the game to holiday sales. I'm going to give Obsidian a chance to put things right.

• 4 weeks later...