SOLLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS

Maybe your version is flawed? Did you ever consider trying to echanging the product for the same product, but on that may work?

If the above quote is reference to my problem DarthMacLeod, then i have to say im not really in a position to get a game swap. (considering i wont be able to go within 10 feet of another game store for awhile). Is there somthing i can do with my current version? or does anyone else have a solution? If not, then maybe the upcoming patch might have a solution.

I start kotor and it goes to a black screen no graphics and no sound then after a few seconds it crashes. My graphics card meets all minimum requirements(at least thats what it says)

Athlon 64 2800+

512 MB DDR Ram

Via K8m800 Unichrome IGP 128

any ideas?

To anyone who crashes to mainscreen which then subsequently locks when trying to enter a new area. I had this problem on Paragus after finishing the Harbinger and trying to get back to the Ebon.

Everytime I went through the lift door up the ramps (where t3 was earlier)  instead of the next section loading I would get chucked to main kotor screen where it would freeze on me.

I fixed the problem by firstly deleting my autosave and unticking the autosave option.Then after loading back to my very last save, (which was just after Kreia and Sion fight) I deleted every other save I had.

Then, returning to windows with the game still running in the backround, I went into SWkotOR2 and then deleted everything in the gameinprogress file and currentgame file respectivley. Then I played on with my fingers and toes crossed. It worked. I dont know how or why, but it worked. I walked into the lift and it loaded up not a problem.

Alls well that ends well? No. Apparently T3 is supposed to be in the tunnel where he then joins the team. Not in my tunnel. I thought it was wierd when Atton for no apparent reason said something about T3 lying abandoned just over yonder. And now I cant open the other door without him. I think there doing this on purpose...!

Anyway hope it helps. If anyone knows how to make a missing character reappear post away!

I was having the same problem. The only solution is that you update your grafic card driver, download the latest, and then you must start from the begining. It doesn't work when you try to load from an old position... I tried everything, also the solution you gave and like you know T3 doesn't appear to slice the door. After I did start a new game eveything was going well and smooth. So good luck!

• 8 months later...

Okay when i start up sithlords this is what happens

I come to a black screen and it has a windows eorror( send or dont send are the otptions) ive patched the game and found out that my open gl system dose not meet requirements

[Video]

Video Card Name=VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP

Video Memory=128

Desktop Resolution=1280x1024x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=1.2

OpenGL Vendor=S3 Graphics

OpenGL Renderer=VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP/MMX/SSE

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Fail

DX Status=Pass

what am i supposed to do ? is there a way i can download the requirement or somin ?

I suspect that you have onboard graphics - that means that graphics are controlled from the motherboard and you don't have a separate graphics card. If this is the case, you have to buy a proper graphics card. Even a very cheap one like the nVidia GeForce5200 will be fine for Kotor 2, though not for future games.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Let's see... S3

Then you'll have to look here

And I don't really think I can help with installing drivers if you ain't having a Nvidia card (since I have to use these drivers I know how to work with them). You might wan't to ask some of our more technical members...

Yeah i might need help on what thingy to eget and how to install it ;)

• 1 month later...
Anybody have a tip for how to INSTALL THE DAMN GAME? I get a "Wrong volume" error half-way through the second disc on install.

Your wrong volume message is confusing because the computer is asking for disk one after each disk is put in during the load. The sequence for installing the game is . . .

Disk 1

Disk 2

Disk 1

Disk 3

Disk 1

Disk 4

At least that's what happened to me. Yeah, took me a minute to figure out why the melodramatic "wrong volume" message was needed. If you are interested in my advice, don't install the game, run and try to get your money back. This has been the worst (in terms of glitches) game I've EVER owned.

I must admit i wont be purchasing anymore Obsidian games in the future until they have been out long enough so i can see how buggy they are. i.e. when they are in the bargain bins.

Oh come off it. You make it sound like it is the end of the world or something. There have been plenty of other games that were more buggy when they were release than KotOR 2. Ultima 9, Pool of Radiance 2, Neverwinter Nights, Temple of Elemental Evil, and so forth and so on. A patch is being made so reign in the "I am never buying another game from them." Buggy games on release is not a big deal. How well they support the game afterwards is. If they don't support the game then I am in full agreement.

Judge Hades--I own three of the four games you listed and the original KOTOR and K2 is the worst game I've ever owned. It's the buggiest mess that I've encountered. Oh, and the reviews back that up. I wish I wouldn't have purchased K2 based on the experience of K1. Heck, I guess K2 is like the prequel movies!