Party control problems

I'm having difficulties controlling my party that I don't recall having in KOTORI.

In particular, party members seem to completely ignore my commands once I switch/tab to another character. The default AI behavior takes over, and any force power or other commands are dropped.

In the early droid boss battle with floating mines, I am trying to get both the mc and kreia to use force powers (shock) on the mines, but only the character I am controlling does this. The other one invariably runs up to melee, and gets blown up.

I realize I can avoid death by placing one or the other on "stationary" AI (and perhaps switch to a ranged weapon). But the point is I want both to use force powers to blow up one of the mines, then run in and melee. It seems that this is impossible to do.

Can someone help me with this? I don't recall KOTORI having such a clumsy party control mechanism.

I'm having difficulties controlling my party that I don't recall having in KOTORI.

In particular, party members seem to completely ignore my commands once I switch/tab to another character. The default AI behavior takes over, and any force power or other commands are dropped.

In the early droid boss battle with floating mines, I am trying to get both the mc and kreia to use force powers (shock) on the mines, but only the character I am controlling does this. The other one invariably runs up to melee, and gets blown up.

I realize I can avoid death by placing one or the other on "stationary" AI (and perhaps switch to a ranged weapon). But the point is I want both to use force powers to blow up one of the mines, then run in and melee. It seems that this is impossible to do.

Can someone help me with this? I don't recall KOTORI having such a clumsy party control mechanism.

There is the option of "Jedi Support" which will allow them to cast only force powers until their FP are gone then they go back over to their default attack.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

They don't case the right ones though. Is there any way to queue your party's actions and have them stick?

There is the option of "Jedi Support" which will allow them to cast only force powers until their FP are gone then they go back over to their default attack.

They don't case the right ones though. Is there any way to queue your party's actions and have them stick?

Have you tried clicking on them? because I know with the XBox you have to click on them or else it doesn't stick.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Not sure what you mean by "clicking" but yes, I have pressed the mouse button many times, so that the power in question is DEFINITELY queued up. (the game sometimes does not register the power when you click only once for some reason)I've tried queuing it just once, twice, three times, four times.

No luck. Kreia still just runs up to the mines and gets herself blown to bits. The only thing I can do is use ranged AI and have her blast, set it to stationary (in which case she does nothing), or set it to jedi support (in which case she uses some random useless force power a la force drain).

I cannot have her use a specified force power when I am not directly in control.

That's really annoying because the AI has no idea what powers to use in what situations under "Jedi support." it just kind of randomly cycles through all her powers.

Not sure what you mean by "clicking" but yes, I have pressed the mouse button many times, so that the power in question is DEFINITELY queued up. (the game sometimes does not register the power when you click only once for some reason)I've tried queuing it just once, twice, three times, four times.

No luck. Kreia still just runs up to the mines and gets herself blown to bits. The only thing I can do is use ranged AI and have her blast, set it to stationary (in which case she does nothing), or set it to jedi support (in which case she uses some random useless force power a la force drain).

I cannot have her use a specified force power when I am not directly in control.

That's really annoying because the AI has no idea what powers to use in what situations under "Jedi support." it just kind of randomly cycles through all her powers.

I feel for yah with this problem but unfortunatly this is beyond my knowledge so hopefully someone else who might have some different or atleast better ideas than myself can help.

AscendedPaladin.png

I had the exact same problem on the XBox version. If I tried to issue more than one round of combat orders to my party they would just stand there and do nothing, or only one of them would execute the proper attacks. I just got use to the fact I would have to pause and issue orders for each combat round. This was a real bummer for me since in K1 I never had a problem with dishing out three rounds worth of combat orders to my party. For me not only was it more fun to devise a three round strategy in combat, but it also made the combat and the game itself look more cinematic.

Cheers!