Somethings Not righ, anyone found a solution yet?

I Puchased my game yesterday, and would really like to get started.. so with my poor knowledge concerning computers i was able to find some loop wholes; not that, that worked to much. After every video sequence(And i do mean EVERY sequence.) The screen just fades black! i wanted to play so bad that i installed it briefly on my friends computer, creating a save that i could take home to my own - and it did work, until i came to the part where some zombie looking fella arrrived in some spaceship(also a video sequence); that's where i thought to my self, hmm maybe i should disable movies, that didn't work as i had hoped.. so i decided to take it 1 step further, bye moving all the video's at kotor2 in the folder (movies)..

And against all odds it worked i was thrilled of this temparely situation.. so i played as far as getting off peragus and omw to Telos; how ever when i traveled to Telos, even tho no movie it wouldent go further.. >-<

Has anyone cracked this yet or ?

Here's some specs:

System:

Microsoft Windows Xp

Professioneal

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Computer:

Intel®

Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz

2.42 GHz 1,00 GB RAM

(ACPI Uniprocessor PC)

Hardware:

CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device

(/C)

Disc Maxtor 6E030L0

(/D)

ASUS DVD-ROM E616

Networkcard

- Intel® PRO/100+ Management-networkscard

Grafichcard Radeon 9800 series

(Chip-type: RADEON 99800 SE AGP (0x4148)

Dac-type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Memmory: 128 MB)

i wish they hadn't but they used bink for the video compression

you can always try installing the RAD video tools which can sometimes help with video playback in games that use bink

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

when it fades to black how long have you tried waiting? i wonder if it's on a timer to load etc after the movie finished... that would probably be too sloppy though

i assume you could sit at that black screen forever and nothing would happen

any way, let me know if the above suggestion helps

Yeah, I've got the black screen problem too. Is this the ATI video card problem I've been seeing on the forums? I noticed you have a 9800, and I have an X800 SE, so I was wondering about that.

I am pretty miffed by this though, as I had to spend nearly 3 hours just getting the game installed. Ran into problems during installation as well, though all is well now.

If anyone comes up with a solution to this black screen, I'm open to suggestions. I just hope we have a patch soon. <_<

I have this exact same problem with the 9600XT. Its such a crappy bug, one thing I have noticed which no one seems to have mentioned yet is that at the end of the movie being played the resolution does not revert ack to the 3d one. It stays at the video resolution while the screen is black (plus sounds in background) so it may be that its not switching resolution correctly.

you can always try installing the RAD video tools which can sometimes help with video playback in games that use bink

when it fades to black how long have you tried waiting? i wonder if it's on a timer to load etc after the movie finished... that would probably be too sloppy though

I dont even think you want to know how long i have been waiting.. suffice to say over an hour! just red this now so let me get back to you on the tools worked thx

I dont even think you want to know how long i have been waiting.. suffice to say over an hour! just red this now so let me get back to you on the tools worked thx

Rad tools just do playback and conversion outside of the game. So they won't affect playback in game. Good for viewing the movies later but really messes uo the flow of the game.

Rad tools just do playback and conversion outside of the game. So they won't affect playback in game. Good for viewing the movies later but really messes uo the flow of the game.

Ahh ok, thx mate.. them no need for taking my computer through the horrible blizzard!

Ahh ok, thx mate.. them no need for taking my computer through the horrible blizzard!

at least it USED to install their 'codec' that could help overwrite what the game uses in case there is a problem with the version the developer used

at least it USED to install their 'codec' that could help overwrite what the game uses in case there is a problem with the version the developer used

No matter what it do now, you tried to help and im forever gratefull.. thx ^^