PC Shut Down While Playing

I've had similar problems, but not game related.

In fact, strange things was happening when I tried to boot into WinXP. It was rebooting automaticaly. After intensive research and hardware testing, it was my RAM.

If I were you, I would find a utility that tests your memory.

I'm not saying this is it, but at least you would roll out that part.

good luck.

In fact, strange things was happening when I tried to boot into WinXP. It was rebooting automaticaly. After intensive research and hardware testing, it was my RAM.

good luck.

I don't think it's anything with my hardware, but rather something with this game because the problem only occurs with the game. I can leave my notebook on 24 hours a day and it will be fine, but a few minutes after playing KoToR 2 it will shut off.

good luck.

I don't think it's anything with my hardware, but rather something with this game because the problem only occurs with the game. I can leave my notebook on 24 hours a day and it will be fine, but a few minutes after playing KoToR 2 it will shut off.

Wait, wait, wait....Go back to the part where you decided to play K2 on a laptop, and slowly re-think you're decision. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

This is a PC Help forum.  If you don't have any help to provide, please don't reply to the thread.

You are getting help. Don't play on a notebook is good advice. Second thing is try running memtest86+ and then running PRIME95 for 48hrs or so to see if you have hardware failure.

'Leaving' a notebook running and using it for say browsing and word processing is diffrent in memory utilization and writes compared to the way a game utilizes memory and writes it. Remember Doom3 and the problems people had with OC'd cards? Perhaps not...problems was...chips were operating out of spec on the video card, that caused errors and the game would crash, lock up or do other 'weird' things.