My 2.3 no version 2.8 or patch 2.9 Cents Worth

Don't live under the illusion that the ATI compatibility problems are just a fluke that the tech folks are desperately trying to track down. The folks at Lucas Arts as well as Obsidian knew good and well there was a major ATI issue. You see its all about money, that is money they are NOT getting by holding the release of this game until the ATI issue was resolved. So the game goes gold and is shipped out for the unsuspecting ATI user to buy for +50 bucks, load and then find out the game cannot be played. Well it is the consumer that is being played here folks, first it was Bio Ware now Obsidian (as I recall Value Jet changed their name to Air Tran, same product)regardless of the name they still released a 90% game as 100%. You know the first thing I do when I install a new game is go look for a patch and amazingly enough there are a very few, elite, game makers that still never have to issue patches for their games. Regardless it is moot point since I, just as the rest of your ATI customers, were duped once again into buying an incomplete release and basically ripped off. Imagine if you went to your favorite electronics store and bought a DVD player only to find out when you get it home it will not play DVDs. So you take it back and are told since you opened it your S.O.L., "but wait" the clerk says, "there will be a firmware patch that you can flash he machine with in a few months that will make it work". I ask all, would you be satisfied with that, because as consumers of gaming software it is, well ok...

Hi,

The thing that angers me the most is that Obsidian is not being totally honest with there customers (me and you). I mean like you said, OBSIDIAN knew all along this MAJOR, I mean MASSIVE, performance issue with the latest Catalyst drivers (4.12, 5.1, 5.2).

Did they say anything to us before buying the game, of course not.

I was a major fan of the first KOTOR and played it back in 2003 with my 9800 pro. At that time I never had any issues like the ones I had with this game, alhtough some minor crashes when loading a map etc.. But that was acceptable.

What is unaceptable is the fact that Obsidian is taking us for fools, and I think ATI as well since they didnt do anything to TRY to correct this in there last 3 OFFICIAL drivers.

I mean what is the fist thing a company tells you to do when you are having trouble with a game???

Its obvious, go update youre graphic card with the latest driver available.

This really pisses me off to go and REGRESS to Catalyst 4.10 to play this game correctly.

This is not LOGICAL

Think about this OBSIDIAN

Mcklain

your over reacting i have ATI and there are not any problems, so before screaming out meanigless propaganda please research a little.

Well, i don't have Kotor II yet, but Kotor I has the problems with 4.12, 5.1 and 5.2 (severe slowdowns in open areas)

But from what i read, 4.11 is the latest ATI Driver that doesn't have those slowdowns on Kotor I and perhaps Kotor II as well.

But on Kotor I, you had to have ATI Drivers 4.3 to get the nice nifty blow in all the light sources, drivers after 4.4 just don't show them.

If you hate it so much, fork out some money and get an Nvidia card..

your over reacting i have ATI and there are not any problems, so before screaming out meanigless propaganda please research a little.

I dont think you know what you are talking about.

There are major issues with Kotor 2 (and 1) with Ati video card.

Btw I had a 6800 ultra and I just switched to a x850 xt PE and I am alot more satisified with the Ati card (not considering Sith Lord of course)

Mcklain

I am gonna throw in my 2 cents, I think from what I am reading in some forums like at the lucas arts, the major problems are being fixed with updated drivers, but ONLY with certain ATI cards. With laptops, you cannot go to the manu web site and get drivers for any laptop, you have to go through the manu of the laptop (example of you have a dell, Dell had only certain ones you can use). I've for a laptop with an ATI 9700, and it is a nightmare to play, and from the install it gave trouble (crashes, black screen, lock ups).

I also have a desktop with an NVIDIA GFORCE FX, and what do you know on the one with the NVIDIA it runs perfectly, except for a few minor bugs. My guess is Xbox works with NVIDIA I believe, but I do see a common thread though that most of the complaints are from ATI Radeon users, that people have a right to vent about these problems, because they are serious. If the DEV's really care and see that it is not just 1, or 2 or 10 people. they will see there must be problems to be addressed. Also I think it is good people say something, because alot of people think they are the problem, that there is something wrong with their computer. Not everyone is computer savvy and I think we should just allow those who are upset to vent, but of course no one has to be nasty. Sure we get tired of hearing it over and over, but some people are new here and are having these problems now and are upset, and seeing this is a forum you can read that you want and reply to what you want. Personally I find both arguments both helpful, and I have one computer that will crash cuz of the game and one other one that likes KOTOR2 to prove it. My only hope in playing this game on my laptop (which meets all the requirements BTW) is a good patch because I have the latest drivers that I can use for my particular laptop. I do wish the DEV's would talk to us and let us know of the status of a PATCH in the making and when we can expect to have it available for download. I have not heard at all at any forum that a patch is in the making, has anyone else?? :p