game runnig 1fps for NO REASON

I have a really powerful laptop. It's specs are:

3ghz Pentium 4 proccesser

640mb of RAM

Radeon Mobility 9000 with 128mb of RAM

Do you need to know more? Just ask. Anyway Trying to play the game, it runs at 1 frame per second, maybe ever worse!!! It's a slide show, not a game. It doesn't crash or anything, but it is unplayable. Now I've been reading of people with worse being able to play it better. I have put all settings to low, all to high, turned each on on and off individually, restarting after each change, no difference. I've gone through the .ini file, and I've tried that last effort thingy, nothing. No change at all. Even the front menu is a slideshow, cause of the dude. I've tried installing the latest drivers for my Radeon, Latest Catalyst Drivers, then I tried Omega Drivers, which supposedly are better for gaming. No change at all. Any suggestion, I bought this game right when it came out...cause I'm desperate to play. And I'm no amateur with computers, but none of my old tricks are working. Whats up? And yes, My radeon is past the minimum requirements.

And don't give me any of that is your desktop resolution the same as in game? crap cause you all know that never works. But yeah, I've tried all that stuff too.

Not a member on this board? e-mail me aldonn_clone@hotmail.com

I don't care who you are, so long as you tell me what i need to know.

if memory serves me any sort of laptop video card cannot handle kotor 1 or 2..because there are certain features that are dropped from laptop cards to reduce the size of the card.

If you read the box of the game you would see any ati mobility chips are not supported. So your out of luck dude.

if memory serves me any sort of laptop video card cannot handle kotor 1 or 2..because there are certain features that are dropped from laptop cards to reduce the size of the card. 

If you read the box of the game you would see any ati mobility chips are not supported.  So your out of luck dude.

There has to be someway around this problem. Come on people, think of something. What is it the video card can't do? How can I turn that off? There's gotta be something, THINK!!!

I hate this for you dude, but man you just aren't getting it.

It's like having half the vidoe card, it just won't work correctly.

Dammit, but what other choice do I have. What have I got left to grasp on to? I can't swap out Video Cards, it ain't no desktop...I don't have a desktop. And Halo works on this laptop, it works fine. How can Halo work and this not? They're both X-box games...Gosh dammit, this whole thing is blowing up my mind...but I can't just give up. I waited so long for this game, and I must believe there's something I can do.

like me I have a notebook too, but mine is an Alienware with a ATI9600 and it runs all games fine so i shouldnt have a problem with KOTOR2.... I get the game tommrrow so if you see in in the tech section then yeah Im having problems...shouldnt though

Pent. 4 3 Ghz

16.1 screen

1 gig ram

60gb 7200rpm HD

ati 9600 128mb

umm yeah should run it fine

I hate this for you dude, but man you just aren't getting it.

It's like having half the vidoe card, it just won't work correctly.

Dammit, but what other choice do I have. What have I got left to grasp on to? I can't swap out Video Cards, it ain't no desktop...I don't have a desktop. And Halo works on this laptop, it works fine. How can Halo work and this not? They're both X-box games...Gosh dammit, this whole thing is blowing up my mind...but I can't just give up. I waited so long for this game, and I must believe there's something I can do.

I've tried Omega Drivers, and they didn't help...should they have? What exactly do they do. What do they improve?