Sparring the handmaiden

Hi experts,

I didn't find anything about this searching the forums, so I guess I'm just the only one having problems beating the handmaiden. :ermm:

Since it does not seem to rely on the level or class you are, I guess it must be me.

My question: is there any trick/sequence of moves/do's and don'ts you can help me with? I always ended up losing closely in the 2nd tear, no matter what I tried.

It is a good idea not to raise her level just to gain the health advantage?

I'd appreciate any input, so thanks in advance,

Sunny

Hi experts,

I didn't find anything about this searching the forums, so I guess I'm just the only one having problems beating the handmaiden. :ermm:

Since it does not seem to rely on the level or class you are, I guess it must be me.

My question: is there any trick/sequence of moves/do's and don'ts you can help me with? I always ended up losing closely in the 2nd tear, no matter what I tried.

It is a good idea not to raise her level just to gain the health advantage?

I'd appreciate any input, so thanks in advance,

Sunny

First game I had a hell of a time beating her, just have to keep trying im afraid. Only thing I noticed was dont use the same attack more then 2 times in a row.

As for hints :lol:

2,3,4,5,6,7, and 8th games I took unarmed combat tasks only until I had all 3 prior to reaching the academy! This helps a ton for the handmaiden, your hand to hand duels on Dunx, AND for beating the sisters while in the academy.

Thats really the only trick I learned. Toughness also helps if you have a free task or two.

I had a tough time beating her. Basically you have to keep trying; I'd say at least get a high "critical strike" feat and then keep using that over and over again; that's one way to have a shot to deal enough damage quickly enough, plus you'll occasionally get lucky and stun her.

BUT if that doesn't work, there are also a number of ways to (essentially) cheat. One, you can activate a melee shield (and use stimulants) before talking to her and starting the combat. Secondly, after the combat starts you can go to the equip screen, and hit the black button until you get to handmaiden's equip screen. Then give her a ****ty blaster. She'll start using it in the combat, and naturally won't be able to do squat against you with it.

So that's not really fair, but it works, if you can't beat her legitimately.

Thanks for the input!  :huh:

I'm just starting my 2nd game (still on Peragus), so I hope I can manage it this time. I  was shocked seeing how many opportunities I overlooked in my 1st game.  :">

PS: DONT use stimilants!

If you use them before instigating the combat they will be stripped off you when combat starts (so you wasted them, you can verify this by seeing the little arrows on your character are no longer appearent when combat starts, same thing happens for the duels in the Telos Academy btw), if you try to use them during combat she will end the combat because you cheated!

Stimulants DO work vrs the Mandalorians tho for the dueling pit.

The trick is when she hits you scream like a little girl, then when she turns in disgust, nail her in the kidneys. Atleast thats how I beat up all the girls

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The trick is when she hits you scream like a little girl, then when she turns in disgust, nail her in the kidneys. Atleast thats how I beat up all the girls

I tried that, but to no avail. :blink: Only way to make a "scream" was using force scream, and everytime I used it she just bailed out of combat telling me I was cheating. ;)

:D

@PhantomJedi: no offense taken, I was depressed anyway since I didn't find anyone having my problems (or at least none of them opened a thread). So I thought it might have been the Sentinel/Jedi Master thingy (less fighting skills), or some basic mistakes I make.

No offense but that is a little pathetic. On my several play throughs I have not had a problem beating anyone in the hand to hand combat.

Well, if you have a consular character, with points/emphasis heavily on wisdom & charisma, with minimal strength or con...and you're sparring a soldier with high strength & maxed out combat feats, and you can't use force powers...