Too much power?

Maybe KotoR II is easy, but KotoR 1 was also easy for me. The first time I played the game (Jedi Guardian 14/Soldier 6) I had some problems with Tarisian Governor, with Bandon and... Malak (2 attempts to kill him).

The second time I played the game (Scout 8/Jedi Consular 12) I destoryed everything in my path without any problems - just used feats and stims, also shields. Malak was beaten in about 20 seconds. Then I drained all the energy from the dead Jedi... and end with my traitorous apprentice. :]

I saw my friend's character... with all stims and toys he had +48 attack at the end. It was amazing. I had only 42. :wacko:

When your character has so much power that the game is no fun, then you have too much power.  In KotOR the game was really not a whole lot of fun, combat wise.  It was downright boring because your character has so much power that none of the battles were all that interesting or challenging.

Completely unfun.

KotOR 2, from what people are saying, seems to follow the same vein of being unfun.

bollocks; most gamers are inexperienced rpg players. kotor 1 was my first rpg ever and i struggled like crazy with my first build. the "governor" on taris was extremely difficult the first time i played the game. i would think a lot of other rookie gamers would feel the same way. bioware and obsidian has to take this into account; they make games for the masses. not the experienced rpg gamers...

so what can be done? they could include a "extreme difficulty level", but that's basically it.

• 2 weeks later...
I was playing on Hard and this guy named Kavar just comes along and kills me in one attack.

varpine prototype shield.

master energy resistance.

echani battle stims

upgrade your sabres

master speed

or...

:(

force storm... :)

I couldn't even move.He jumped over to me and I died.And I was level 36.

:lol:

The shame.

Yes, I know.And i was a sith marauder too.