Cannot complete Zakkeg mission (minor spoiler)

I'm new here, so I hope this hasn't been discussed.

I received the Zakkeg mission, on Dxun, but I can't complete it because the NPC that I'm supposed to interact with will not let me hand over the 'evidence'. When I check my journal for the mission, the text is missing. The journal entry exists, but the text does not. So I've got the evidence, but I can't hand it over and complete the quest.

So...

a) Has anyone else experienced this?

b) Is there something I can do to work around this glitch?

Thanks

I'm new here, so I hope this hasn't been discussed.

I received the Zakkeg mission, on Dxun, but I can't complete it because the NPC that I'm supposed to interact with will not let me hand over the 'evidence'.  When I check my journal for the mission, the text is missing.  The journal entry exists, but the text does not.  So I've got the evidence, but I can't hand it over and complete the quest.

So...

a) Has anyone else experienced this?

b) Is there something I can do to work around this glitch?

Thanks

i had this happen one time with me as well. i think its a bug. the only thing that i did different when it happened was i allowed davrel to "prove" himself and tag along and fight the zakkeg with me. he died in the battle, so i dont know if that messed up the quest, but i could never talk to the sergeant about it either.

my other 2 play thrus i had no trouble with it. as i said, the only time i had what you described was when i brought davrel along with me.

i had this happen one time with me as well.  i think its a bug.  the only thing that i did different when it happened was i allowed davrel to "prove" himself and tag along and fight the zakkeg with me.  he died in the battle, so i dont know if that messed up the quest, but i could never talk to the sergeant about it either.

my other 2 play thrus i had no trouble with it.  as i said, the only time i had what you described was when i brought davrel along with me.

I thought you claimed to have not experienced bugs or glitches?

i had this happen one time with me as well.  i think its a bug.  the only thing that i did different when it happened was i allowed davrel to "prove" himself and tag along and fight the zakkeg with me.  he died in the battle, so i dont know if that messed up the quest, but i could never talk to the sergeant about it either.

my other 2 play thrus i had no trouble with it.  as i said, the only time i had what you described was when i brought davrel along with me.

reading comprehension isnt your strong point is it? you commented on this in another thread and clarified that in terms of getting no "bugs or glitches", i was referring to blackscreens, freezings, or shutdowns. in otherwords game stopping bugs. being unable to complete a minor quest isnt a game stopper.

hopefully you actually pay attention this time so that you wont be stalking me in every thread i post in and saying "i thought you said you had no bugs or glitches". :sorcerer:

btw, if you hate the game, why are you still here? i understand complaining about the game a few times when you first get it, but youve wasted close to 300 posts since its release complaining about it and just being a general nuissance. maybe its just me, but if i dislike a game as much as you do, i do the common sense thing and...oh i dont know....leave the forums and never play the game again?

reading comprehension isnt your strong point is it? you commented on this in another thread and clarified that in terms of getting no "bugs or glitches", i was referring to blackscreens, freezings, or shutdowns. in otherwords game stopping bugs. being unable to complete a minor quest isnt a game stopper.

hopefully you actually pay attention this time so that you wont be stalking me in every thread i post in and saying "i thought you said you had no bugs or glitches". ;)

btw, if you hate the game, why are you still here? i understand complaining about the game a few times when you first get it, but youve wasted close to 300 posts since its release complaining about it and just being a general nuissance. maybe its just me, but if i dislike a game as much as you do, i do the common sense thing and...oh i dont know....leave the forums and never play the game again?

LOL, damn you all!!!!!!

Played the game 8 times and never knew you could take Davral on that mission with you! Ive always tried (failed) to find a elder to watch me kill him so I get honor that way (as they say at the battle circle if you kill a Mandalorian in a fair fight in the presence of a (forget actual word) Elder, this is concidered honorable".

LOL, between this and getting vilagers on dant to join the militia im going to have to play game for a 9th time! LOL!

hehe, Night, ignore Ep. Her only goal in life is to try and make others as miserable as she obviously is. Pity her but dont take her bait!

<does a corny grin and speaks in a sagely voice>

That path leads to the dark side! Choose not to follow it padawen!

hehehehehehe

reading comprehension isnt your strong point is it?  you commented on this in another thread and clarified that in terms of getting no "bugs or glitches", i was referring to blackscreens, freezings, or shutdowns.  in otherwords game stopping bugs.  being unable to complete a minor quest isnt a game stopper.

hopefully you actually pay attention this time so that you wont be stalking me in every thread i post in and saying "i thought you said you had no bugs or glitches".  ;)

btw, if you hate the game, why are you still here?  i understand complaining about the game a few times when you first get it, but youve wasted close to 300 posts since its release complaining about it and just being a general nuissance.  maybe its just me, but if i dislike a game as much as you do, i do the common sense thing and...oh i dont know....leave the forums and never play the game again?

Actually, this is the first time I've ever commented on your whole "never got a bug/glitch" thing. The only other thing I said was about you not noticing/using the marauder or master speed, in which you replied you didn't.

Actually, this is the first time I've ever commented on your whole "never got a bug/glitch" thing.  The only other thing I said was about you not noticing/using the marauder or master speed, in which you replied you didn't.

but if you saw that comment about my not using master speed, you also saw in that same thread where i explained what i meant by "experiencing no bugs or glitches". but hopefully now you know my definition of "no real bugs or glitches".

not that you asked or even care, but ill also explain why i dont consider a minor broken quest or some force powers not working nothing major in terms of bugs or glitches. basically i havent played a single game out there that didnt have these kind of problems. i experienced similiar things (ie. quests getting broken or not triggered for some reason) in kotor as well, but i didnt really hold it against that game either because ive come to expect minor things like that from video games. the only things i will hold against a game are major things that either a)ruin a major part of the story (ie. vampire: bloodlines' messed up leopold society bug), b)ruin the gaming experience (ie. massive slowdowns or stuttery/glitchy framerates), or c)things that completely make me unable to play, like crashes, freezes, unable to load, etc.

since i didnt experience any of those 3, i dont consider for my game, any "bugs or glitches" and thus wont hammer the game like i did to bloodlines. thats not to say these bugs dont exist. but only i never saw the ones that fall into my 3 letter categories.

You've described the scenario perfectly.  Davrel was with me and died fighting the Zakkeg.  Is he supposed to survive?  And is his dying the reason for the bug?

Hmm, he survived when I did it. But maybe that's because My party was a band of Jedi Butt-Kickers. :D Davrel just stood there and shot at it. Then he was like "You probably could have done it without me" yeah, he's probably right.

Hmm, he survived when I did it. But maybe that's because My party was a band of Jedi Butt-Kickers.  :D  Davrel just stood there and shot at it. Then he was like "You probably could have done it without me" yeah, he's probably right.

i guess he was really trying to prove himself to me. he ran straight at the thing even before me and my party had a chance to do anything. the zakkeg focussed all its attacks on him and he was dead by the time we got the zakkeg down to half health.

what a dork. i should have just killed him myself outside the mandalorian camp. :D

From the discussion, I gather there's no way around the problem. Its just another bug. Who did they have testing this game before going to production?

What would have been the reward had I been able to hand over the ear?

I'm disappointed with all of the problems mentioned in this forum. That combined with all of the spelling ('abandonned'... come on, get a spell checker) and gramatical mistakes ('be' when it should be 'by'; 'then' when it really should be 'than')really detract from the game experience. At this point, I can't say I hate the game. The overall concept is good, but the execution leaves me wanting more.