A new breed of Characters and Gameplay.

Despite the poor use of English (maybe its not your first language) you have a excellent point. Villains are more interesting when they compare to common human emotions. Thats what made the story of Darth Vader so interesting in the movies. However, you kind of need both, you need the evil villain who has human motivations and desires, like Sion and Vader seemed to have. And, you need the warped monster that doesn't seem to feel anything and lives only to torment, like Nihlus and the Emporer seemed to be. Which brings me to this, I'd say one of the best done villains was actually Commodus in Gladiator. He actually had visible motivations and desires that any human being would want he just didn't exactly have the moral structure to attain them as most people would see fit. In my opinoin, that makes a good villain who you can empathize with, and perhaps if your the kind of person, pity. Sorry for the off topic non Star Wars comparison, but I thought it fit.

Gromnir always has a point. It's just if you can understand it or not. o:)

But yes, the writer's ability to delve, extract, and create from most people's remorse and phobia's is a real talent that should be used at every turn, but uniqueness should play some sort of role, like Vader or Palpatine...

On second thought, that could have just been my childhood memory... >_<