Bao Dur makes sheilds?

I read someplace that Bao Dur would make shields for you.

But, I played the game once and he never had a make me a sheild as an option. Now my husband's playing it, and he doesn't get a sheild option from him either.

Is this a rumor or can any one confirm it? And if you can confirm it, does anyone know if it's a bug that some people don't get the option?

But, I played the game once and he never had a make me a sheild as an option.  Now my husband's playing it, and he doesn't get a sheild option from him either. 

Is this a rumor or can any one confirm it?  And if you can confirm it, does anyone know if it's a bug that some people don't get the option?

He always makes me Arkanian Energy Shields as a dialog option. Maybe if you have to many in your inventory he wont make them. I don't know.

But, I played the game once and he never had a make me a sheild as an option.  Now my husband's playing it, and he doesn't get a sheild option from him either. 

Is this a rumor or can any one confirm it?  And if you can confirm it, does anyone know if it's a bug that some people don't get the option?

Yes, Bao Dur does make sheilds, and at some point you can ask him "do you have any sheilds I could use?" and he'll give you some.

Ok, the thing is - Bao Dur never had shields as a dialog option and I didn't really have many in my inventory.

Argh. So many things like this in the game - options that I read about in posts (like the criminals on Telos who posters (and from what I hear the strategy guide as well) say were in a certain place) but for some reason I didn't get when I played.

They seem to be just there for some posters but not there when I tried, and for no reason I can discern.

85% of the time my only dialog option with Bao Dur was "Never Mind" another 5% of the time, would be random conversations and after everyone I would always get "gained influence; Bao Dur" so I know I had as much influence with him as I could (turned him into a Gaurdian) the last 10% of the game (

after Nadd's Tomb

) he would say something had changed, but he didn't want to talk about it.

I never had the option of having him make shields for me. But it didn't really matter, because the only shield I ever used was a Mandalorian power shield (

with Mira against the wookie

) All other shields I sold at the begining of the game when I still thought I would need money, at the end of the game I broke them all down for components to make useful stuff.

85% of the time my only dialog option with Bao Dur was "Never Mind"  another 5% of the time, would be random conversations and after everyone I would always get "gained influence; Bao Dur"  so I know I had as much influence with him as I could (turned him into a Gaurdian) the last 10% of the game (

after Nadd's Tomb

) he would say something had changed, but he didn't want to talk about it.

I never had the option of having him make shields for me.  But it didn't really matter, because the only shield I ever used was a Mandalorian power shield (

with Mira against the wookie

)  All other shields I sold at the begining of the game when I still thought I would need money, at the end of the game I broke them all down for components to make useful stuff.

you probably have to gain influence on him. First time i talked to him that option appeared and he always makes me regular and mandalorian melee shields at once. I always get 2 shields.......of course this is after my influence over him.