Influence

I was trying to take the Dark Path on my first game but I cannot seem to get any influence with anyone (and what little bit I do get I lose later on). In dialog options I will pick the obvious darker choice which gives me dark points but I lose influence and if I take the lighter choice I gain influence but gain light points as well. This isn't always true because there has been times when I will kill random people and gain influence with certain characters. How am I supposed to gain influence through dialog options without gaining light side points? Can you still bring people to the dark side without having influence over them?

Trigg

I was trying to take the Dark Path on my first game but I cannot seem to get any influence with anyone (and what little bit I do get I lose later on).  In dialog options I will pick the obvious darker choice which gives me dark points but I lose influence and if I take the lighter choice I gain influence but gain light points as well.  This isn't always true because there has been times when I will kill random people and gain influence with certain characters.  How am I supposed to gain influence through dialog options without gaining light side points?  Can you still bring people to the dark side without having influence over them?

Trigg

Okay, 2 points: 1. The search function. Contrary to popular belief, it exists. I suggest you use it. Combined with a little bit of patience, you wouldn't have to waste our time.

2.Is this question really necessary? There are so many opportunities to be evil throughout the game, and a few LS points in conversations should not affect your alignment that much.

Yes, it sucks, I know. I hate how I want Influence with a character and I have to go Light to get it.

I even find myself getting Light points just for saying simple things, it's ridiculous. I have to be so extremely rude all the time, I liked the old way more.

Tried the search function but it didn't answer my question, it came back with a bunch of different posts with the word 'influence'. Thanks for the replies, so in order to bring them to the DS I'm gonna have to take a few light side points huh? Has anyone managed to bring them to the DS w/o doing this?

Trigg

I was trying to take the Dark Path on my first game but I cannot seem to get any influence with anyone (and what little bit I do get I lose later on).  In dialog options I will pick the obvious darker choice which gives me dark points but I lose influence and if I take the lighter choice I gain influence but gain light points as well.  This isn't always true because there has been times when I will kill random people and gain influence with certain characters.  How am I supposed to gain influence through dialog options without gaining light side points?  Can you still bring people to the dark side without having influence over them?

Trigg

Okay, 2 points: 1. The search function. Contrary to popular belief, it exists. I suggest you use it. Combined with a little bit of patience, you wouldn't have to waste our time.

2.Is this question really necessary? There are so many opportunities to be evil throughout the game, and a few LS points in conversations should not affect your alignment that much.

Let me summarise your comment: Welcome to this boards, triggert!

Was it really necessary to "waste our time" with this "newbie" bashing? :p

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

What character would you like to get more influence with?

Ostkant:

"I even find myself getting Light points just for saying simple things, it's ridiculous. I have to be so extremely rude all the time, I liked the old way more.

"

Hmmm.. Unless you have low Charisma, Awareness, and Persuade that shouldn't happen.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Was it really necessary to "waste our time" with this "newbie" bashing?  :p

Point taken. <_<

I get sick of seeing these though. Too many people coming here and not bothering to read the stickies, use the search function, or anything. It's almost as if one guy is just trying to annoy us all.

Anyways, off-topic. :-"

lol DarthDoGooder got owned by the higher council or w/e nerds say >_<

What character would you like to get more influence with?

Ostkant:

"I even find myself getting Light points just for saying simple things, it's ridiculous. I have to be so extremely rude all the time, I liked the old way more.

"

Hmmm.. Unless you have low Charisma, Awareness, and Persuade that shouldn't happen.

My Persuade is high, Charisma so-so, and I forgot Awareness. Though I remember a conversation option on Telos, it looked like this:

[Awareness] This blaster looks heavily modified. (or similar to that)