Question to people with Freezing problems.

I am about 28 hours into the game having been through Peragus, Telos, Citadel Station, Dantooine, Korriban and Nar Shaddaa, and went back to Telos to finish up some quests there and check on the outcome of the fuel issue.

So far I have 82 saved games (83 if you count the autosave), due to freezing issues, which for 99% of the times has caused the game to freeze and or crash during a loading screen (useually about an inch or 2 past the loading text of the screen)

I was wondering if we could pool our resources and try to find a common factor in everyone's problems, for example if this were a pc game, a type of video card or sound card commonality.

I have a launch day Xbox, unmodded with Xbox Live, and 83 saved games for 1 character, and the vast majority of the crashes/freezes occur on the loading screen, when loading a new area.

And I am also wondering if you are not suppose to go back and finish quests with certain people in your group that were not around the first time, for example I am going back to Citadel Station with new party members.

If anyone has any more information to add to this it would be great.

I've been browsing the forum, and it seems as if the Thompson HD is a big factor in most people's problems.

More research seems to be needed on this issue by the devs or someone....

I recently traded my 2-yr old xbox in on a referbished one, and the game runs fine. My problem was a bad CD Drive -- which is unrelated to these bugs.

I was having a similar problem and exchanged my 1st copy of the game for a new one, I checkeed the serial number on the bottom right corner of the backside of the box for the new game and it was 29 copies from the 1st one I had and although I only played for an hour or 2 last night, I did not have any problems with the new copy. The 1st copy I had I couldnt get past the 1st 15 minutes because it was freezing up alot( check my post from yesterday for more detail) though my problem was more in game and in menu freezes not as much when loading or saving. I have it playing on an X box less than a year old but I hope your problem will be resolved with an exchange. My little brother is deep into the game on his older X Box and he has had no problems, I think the issues are the result of some poorly burned copies. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you ever had your game crash when trying to get past the Obsidian logo screen?

No i have not.

I suggest that you do not get the game if you have a old xbox with the thompson drive and wait until you can get a new xbox.

Well I filed with the BBB against Microsoft, and Microsoft has sent me quite a few emails with a ticket number to resolve the issue within the last week heh. And yeah I find out I have a Thompson Drive X-box. Glad my loyalty of waiting 9 hours in a wal-mart layaway playing disney monopoly with strangers on launch day for an xbox and halo paid off.