Weird Forum Things

Dethangels Shadow

I keep seeing wierd things happening, every now and again.

For example...

In the NWN2 forums, many outdated threads have suddenly taken place at the top of the list. Worse yet, they imply that they have new posts. This is not necessarily the case, as many of the most recent posts are old.

In an ironic twist, I went to view the latest responses... and discovered the last poster was me, at some time earlier today. The problem was... I hadn't posted in that thread in days (perhaps weeks), though I was the last to post on it (just call me 'Thread-killer' :shifty: .) The ones I've noticed have had polls, but I believe I've also seen it occur on non-polled threads, several times.

Any idea what's happening? I know I got a SQL error message the other day, but aside from that.. I love this forum software :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bet it's the polls.... everytime someone votes, it gets bumped back to the top.

Perhaps there's a way to have polls not be counted as a "last action"? Maybe it's just me, but when I see the little 'new post' indicator, I'm looking for new posts, not new votes in the attached poll.

[Edit] Well.. tested that theory out too.. and it didn't seem to effect things. I have no idea what to make of it... :huh:

I'm getting the same thing, and apparently Phospher is too.

I haven't been able to figure out any kind of a cause, despite various tests. Neither editing nor responding to a poll seems to bump a topic back up, but sometimes it will just rise again on its own.

I'll keep looking though.

Feel free to steal this sig.