KOTOR 2 STORYLINE

Obsidian has said in interviews that it would be much darker than KOTOR 1. My idea which probably won't happen because it will be unsatisfying is that the Republic falls to the Sith whether you're dark or light. If you're dark, the final cutscene is of you on the bridge of your flagship unleashing some planetary bombardment upon Coruscant. If you're light, you're somehow deceived into thinking you cornered MSG on a remote world. Upon killing him, you find that it was Darth Sion behind the mask, even though you thought you killed him earlier (he already should be dead so it's got to be pretty hard to make sure you've killed him). When you leave the Sith temple, you find your ship destroyed, leaving you stranded. Cut to MSG conquering Coruscant. In KOTOR 3, your character (someone new) leads a rebellion against the Sith, similar to the situation in the Original Trilogy.  Maybe you come across some people from KOTOR 2 on that remote world. That's probably not going to happen though. I don't think Lucasarts would let the Republic fall for the light side as well. Although, I do remember a line from the movies saying that the Republic has stood for a thousand years. Not four thousand or more. IIRC it was just a thousand. Perhaps this isn't the same Old Republic as in the prequel trilogy. Perhaps there was a time of Sith rule in between KOTOR trilogy and then.

Basically in the movies it was said that " I will not let this Republic to fall that had stood for thousands of years" and I think it is Palpatine who says so.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I think Bastila meant that what little there remained of Revan's mind i.e. his/her memories of the Star Forge was all that could be saved. The tattered fragments of personality was removed by the Jedi Council.

I also thought that as DS, Revan and Bastila discover some hidden power in Korriban and leave to find it. While gone, their generals betrayed them to the Sith Lords, who finally emerged out of shadows from manipulating Revan and Malak - like Jedi Master D Murda's theory. I also believe that one of the Sith Lords was Revan's Sith Master while he/she was still a Jedi.

This is because Zhar mentioned that Revan was interested in learning Sith magic while still at the Academy, so I believe Revan was learning secretly from one of the Sith Lords. However, the Sith Lords did not count on Revan becoming so powerful to take the mantle of Dark Lord from them. When Revan turned his/her attention from conquering the Republic, the Sith Lords took their chance to usurp his/her rule.

I think Revan met your exiled character while in the Outer Rim and convinced him/her to return. That's how your character ends up on the Ebon Hawk.

That's really good. However I don't believe Revan was learning from a Sith Lord but rather was learning about them. He then discovered their location and then was taken on as maybe the MSG's apprentice. That is probably the reason for Revan's "hunting down the rest of the Mandalorians" on the Outer Rim... I am pretty sure that that was just a diversion.

Firstly, LucasArts said there aren't going to be any major plot twist so guess what: there aren't going to be any major plot twists!(in this game at least)

Perhaps the KOTOR Trilogy is sorta like FF8 that sorta had two main characters, 1st about Revan, 2nd about Your Chracter, 3rd brings those two together.....however that is farfetched.

Basically, KOTOR II is going to be all about being a Jedi and understanding what it is like being a jedi, possibly one of the Sith lords is your ex-master and perhaps your relation to revan could be both a)You fought with him in the Madalorian Wars( very probable) and b) You where with the strike team that went to get Revan that Bastila was on(Would be cool, but definitely not likely, timeframe and all) however being the friend of Revan during the Mand Wars and possibly confronting him when he started down the dark path would be cool. Would explain why he left, the greatest of the Jedi succuming to the Dark Side.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Alright here's my theory. Atris has schizophrenia. Remember how the devs said that sometomes party members would go out and do their own things? Well, whenever atris goes out, BAM, you get attacked by MSG. What do you think? :D

Thats MPD, multiple personality disorder, not schizophrenia. But it works all the same.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I feel people stress about Revan because everyone has a strong attachment to the character. Brilliant military tactician, powerful and charasmatic... can make you adore a character.

True but like Nur having Revan have all those perfect qualities make me like Revan less. *NOTE* I still like Revan a lot, he/she was my 2nd favorite character in KOTOR (2nd only to the ultra cool Jolee :cool: )

Plus you shouldn't be scared to give your opinions, the only person I know who would attack might be Nur Ab Sal but he hasn't been here in a while.

Thanks, I come by practically everyday, but I read a lot more than I post. :(

Obsidian has said in interviews that it would be much darker than KOTOR 1. My idea which probably won't happen because it will be unsatisfying is that the Republic falls to the Sith whether you're dark or light. If you're dark, the final cutscene is of you on the bridge of your flagship unleashing some planetary bombardment upon Coruscant. If you're light, you're somehow deceived into thinking you cornered MSG on a remote world. Upon killing him, you find that it was Darth Sion behind the mask, even though you thought you killed him earlier (he already should be dead so it's got to be pretty hard to make sure you've killed him). When you leave the Sith temple, you find your ship destroyed, leaving you stranded. Cut to MSG conquering Coruscant. In KOTOR 3, your character (someone new) leads a rebellion against the Sith, similar to the situation in the Original Trilogy. Maybe you come across some people from KOTOR 2 on that remote world. That's probably not going to happen though. I don't think Lucasarts would let the Republic fall for the light side as well. Although, I do remember a line from the movies saying that the Republic has stood for a thousand years. Not four thousand or more. IIRC it was just a thousand. Perhaps this isn't the same Old Republic as in the prequel trilogy. Perhaps there was a time of Sith rule in between KOTOR trilogy and then.

That seems cool, but the darkside path seems too similar to KOTOR.

the only problem I can see with it is ho w did MSG know revan? I guess he could have been revans masters or someone who interacted with revan on dantooine. So saying he was revans master (since I don't think we know who revans master really was all) it could be that once revan fell he was taken back under the wing of his old master and even Malak didn't know about the MSG. So it would kinda fit. Now also saying that the MSG was still working with the jedi at the time (it would explain the mask) He wouldn't have been able to take control of the SF for himself at that time (possibly having other things he wanted to do before reveiling himself to the order as a sith lord). And when malak struck down revan (in the most cowardly act possible) he took the opertunity to convince the council that erasing revans mind would be the only way to find the SF before it was too late.

I think that if this theory is true, than the Sith Lord may have had many spies through the galaxy. I think that in KOTOR II one of the party members might be a spy for the Sith Lord. (Most likely not, but I think it would be cool)

This is All great stuff guys, but.......any other ideas you guys have about the storyline that is different from this idea that Jedi master murda brought up....

....anyone have any new ideas or opinions about the KOTOR 2 storyline?

keep up the good stuff I like the response this thread has gotten and it's a good way to keep us busy while we wait for REAL INFO on the game!!!!!!!!

On a serious note: no super weapon you ordering a fleet around would be fun and more areas that would be suited for specific areas would be good, if I am to be an apprentice I hope I get to chose whether to be an apprentice of a sith lord or jedi master, I also want to get on the jedi council sit on them comfy chairs and make important descisions, meaningless quotes, and all that stuff at the end

On a serious note: no super weapon you ordering a fleet around would be fun and more areas that would be suited for specific areas would be good, if I am to be an apprentice I hope I get to chose whether to be an apprentice of a sith lord or jedi master, I also want to get on the jedi council sit on them comfy chairs and make important descisions, meaningless quotes, and all that stuff at the end

Nice ideas

I think Bastila meant that what little there remained of Revan's mind i.e. his/her memories of the Star Forge was all that could be saved. The tattered fragments of personality was removed by the Jedi Council.

I also thought that as DS, Revan and Bastila discover some hidden power in Korriban and leave to find it. While gone, their generals betrayed them to the Sith Lords, who finally emerged out of shadows from manipulating Revan and Malak - like Jedi Master D Murda's theory. I also believe that one of the Sith Lords was Revan's Sith Master while he/she was still a Jedi.

This is because Zhar mentioned that Revan was interested in learning Sith magic while still at the Academy, so I believe Revan was learning secretly from one of the Sith Lords. However, the Sith Lords did not count on Revan becoming so powerful to take the mantle of Dark Lord from them. When Revan turned his/her attention from conquering the Republic, the Sith Lords took their chance to usurp his/her rule.

I think Revan met your exiled character while in the Outer Rim and convinced him/her to return. That's how your character ends up on the Ebon Hawk.

I was thinking about what happens after waking up in the vat/tank. I think I mentioned some of this in another thread but since this the current thread for speculating about Kotor 2 storyline, I'll post it again here:

After waking up in the tank, you discover Kreia in the morgue, who probably gives you a cryptic message about the dead being better at keeping secrets, and she has a secret but you won't find it out unless your dead or come back from the dead (pure speculation on my part!).

Anyway, you discover that someone called Sion has ordered your vat to be poisoned. You discover Atton Rand, who asks you if you know about the Ebon Hawk and then talks about Ebon Hawk's previous owner, Revan. You then answer questions about Revan. You start to make your way to Ebon Hawk and find a TM droid, which seems broken. You fix it and it starts to play a message. But the message is suddenly interrupted by a HK droid doing mischief i.e. trying to kill you. You fight him and then Lord Sion shows up.

You make your escape with Kreia and Atton Rand. However, during your escape, you are critically wounded and Kreia has to use the Force to sustain you, thus forming a Force bond with you. She says she knows how to connect you back to the Force, and you better form a connection quick otherwise the Sith will kill you. And so your adventure begins....

I also speculate that your character is a hero of the Mandalorian Wars but was exiled by the Jedi Council for your participation in it. I think Malak or Revan broke your connection to the Force.