Hotlinking an image....

Child of Flame

Well, I've started to learn HTML, and knowing that most UBB/PHPBB/whatever code is a sort of bastardization of HTML, I decided to see if I could use an image as a hotlink....alot of people probably already know this, but it's a useful feature for those who don't. So far, I've found out it works in PHPBB, vBulletin, Invision Power Board (what this forum's software is based on). To do it, you just take the address you want to link the image to, and use the tag, then sandwich an ;)

And just to prove it works:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Sevantoferu/snfbanner.gif' alt='snfbanner.gif'>

Of course you can, but where's the sense of accomplishment in that?  :shifty:

I wasn't aware that knowing how to link an image was any sort of significant accomplishment... People have been doing it here for ages.

Using the IMG button will also show you the necessary code anyways, when it places it into your message.

But.. I'm glad you figured it out.

newlogo.gif

Of course you can, but where's the sense of accomplishment in that?  :shifty:

I wasn't aware that knowing how to link an image was any sort of significant accomplishment... People have been doing it here for ages.

Using the IMG button will also show you the necessary code anyways, when it places it into your message.

But.. I'm glad you figured it out.

:wacko:

Way to burst my bubble.