Bastila Shan vs Anakin Skywalker

Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?

• Bastila could beat that whiny little babywipe Anakin anyday
    • Anakin, losing to Bastila, unthinkable! How dare you think such thoughts!
    • A draw, there is no other answer.
    • Bastila, no Anakin, no Bastila, yes, no. Damn i can't decide.

It seems like most people picking Bastila are jaded because they are in love with her character. I'm not going to say thats wierd, but I hope that most of you could atleast admitt that this is the case

Bingo!

I wonder how many would still pick Bastila if Bastila was a dude.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

right

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It seems like most people picking Bastila are jaded because they are in love with her character. I'm not going to say thats wierd, but I hope that most of you could atleast admitt that this is the case

well it is a little weird! :) I personally would hope Anakin wins, I don't like Bastilla alot .. she seems weak in my opinion .. Aside from her battlemeditation, which is pretty handy for a wannabe Sith-Lord!

and no I'm not in love with his character! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I think that although I am "ravaging EU fanatic" I'm not sick enough to love pixelated woman that is Bastila. Or to love Anna Karenina that exists only on paper... in contradiction to many users here I have social life besides.

I don't know why when you like female characters from game or novel or even a poem, some weirdos will always say that you love them. Not everyone is as childish as you Laozi. And good that I didn't reveal my as strong sympathy to Carth, cause you would then call me a gay I'm sure.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

no as I don't think gay is an insult as you seem to, maybe I would call you overly sensative, but I think Carth's story was one of the better ones. Now as to a life outside this board I do believe you do, I mean you must have time to read those books.

And I didn't say that you particularly had anything for Bastila, but a guilty mind......

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I admit it.

Just simply as a games character. She is hot true, but at least I know that she is no more than pixels and drawings.

She is perhaps the best designed female lead ever for a game, or perhaps even a movie, which is why i feel that so many r drawn to her.

Anyway, if Anakin and Bastila were to face off, it would come down to a few things. Force ability, skills with a saber and Control.

Both lack real control, but Bastila simply has more control than Anakin.

Anakin is definately superior in saber skills, but Bastila is superior in force ability. So these 2 things might cancel each other out.

i can't really see were you are getting all this depth from

Both lack real control, but Bastila simply has more control than Anakin.

Anakin is definately superior in saber skills, but Bastila is superior in force ability. So these 2 things might cancel each other out.

Not really sure where you're getting your evidence to support these theories. Considering Anakin's the "chosen one", I'd say he's the one with superior in Force ability.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I mean what do you really know about Bastila. That she loved her dad and didn't really get along with her mom. Not really a whole lot there.

Her power? Only that she mastered battle meditation at an early age.

Her maturity, she can't even admitt that you helped save her w/o brow beating her, fights with Carth over leadership oh ya and didn't she lose her lightsaber and get captured by simple thugs

Anakin would have never been captured by simple thugs and that alone seems to be a good enough reason to pick him

Well, I am basing this on the movies and game.

U will problably slant this as not real sources, or inadequate, but they do appear to be the best sources since most stuff on the inetrnet is garbage. I base my stuff on the game and movies.

(i.e. supershadow.com I find most info on the internet either unreliable or it simply does not hav the info)

Bastila is a Sentinel, which indicates that she has based herself to using force powers more in combat, and other things.

Anakin appears to be a Guardian, since he rarely uses force powers at all in combat.

Okay so he problably does hav superior force abilty, but he rarely uses it.

Most ppl hav said that the only ability Bastila has is Battle Mediation. This is not true. If ths was true, would she really be a jedi at all. She has many other force powers, depending on hwo u hav her advance.

In the movies (Ep2, and from the looks of thing Ep3) Anakin appears to lack control of his emotions. He appears to give in to them to easily.

True Bastila lacks control aswell, i admit that, but she seems to be more machure and under control. This is her vital edge in my eyes.

(If u find my sources of info to be inadequate etc, fine, i hav no problems with that at all. They r however, first hand sources, and r the main plaeces they appear)

(Bastila in KOTOR, Anakin in movies)

But shes not and your too far in the forest to see the trees

Anakin would have never been captured by simple thugs and that alone seems to be a good enough reason to pick him

What about Anakin, well, he cant even keep his lightsaber around, he keeps losing it, or damaging it. So he does lose his saber.

He is in constant fights with Obi-Wan.

Bastila at least does eventually admit that Revan is more powerful than her, and doesnt throw a wobbler bout it. She simply accepts it.

And probaly if she fought Anakin would be able to admitt she had no chance

Actually if we're comparing Ep.2 Anakin, and you say that Bastila has more control over her emotions, I think you're dead wrong. Why? Bastila fell to the dark side, Anakin did NOT (not til Ep.3). So you lose the "who has more control of their emotions" argument.

Also, Sentinels aren't focussed towards Force skills, they're balanced. It's a Consular that is Force strong, so your argument about Bastila being stronger because she's a Sentinel is wrong too.

There's just no proof that Bastila is as good as you claim her to be. Every time she's confronted with a battle, she ends up getting captured.

Also, Sentinels aren't focussed towards Force skills, they're balanced. It's a Consular that is Force strong, so your argument about Bastila being stronger because she's a Sentinel is wrong too.

I just read the KOTOR manual, and thx for correcting that little mistake.

Anyway, Bastila is more balanced than Anakin, so she would use force powers to her advantage far more than Anakin.

There's just no proof that Bastila is as good as you claim her to be. Every time she's confronted with a battle, she ends up getting captured.

Here is something u r wrong at. If she got captured at every battle, i doubt she would be in the jedi order. At least this is true in the time before KOTOR.

Plus, every time Anakin faces a battle, he seems to end up getting injured in some way.

Actually if we're comparing Ep.2 Anakin, and you say that Bastila has more control over her emotions, I think you're dead wrong. Why? Bastila fell to the dark side, Anakin did NOT (not til Ep.3). So you lose the "who has more control of their emotions" argument.

If Anakin had more control over his emotions, he would not fall so readily for Padme i do not think. there he seems to just throw jedi teachings out the window. true him and her reach an agreement to just ignore it, but they cant.

I wont only mention one side of the argument, but the other aswell.

Bastila and (male) Revan (be aware that i am only using this in terms of one way of doing the Bastila part of the game), absolutely hate each other at first. Eventually they grow very fond of each other, again they reject there feelings, at first, but eventually come together.

We cannot be sure of how long Bastila suffered Malak's tortures, but in reallife terms, it could have been anywhere from 1week to 1month, perhaps longer. She resisted longer than most jedi masters could have lasted.

Anakin resists in some sense for a long time aswell, but eventually succumbs aswell.

You try resisting Natalie Portman in all her realness

You try resisting Natalie Portman in all her realness

And ppl think i do not produce cohesive arguments

Anakin is more powerful in force terms true, but power is not only everything. What about smarts.

Anakin dont seem 2 smart when he rushes into battle against Dooku.

Bastila dont seem 2 smart when she rushes into battle against Malak either.

But she seems to be more of a leader than Anakin, and seems like she could co-ordinate battles better than Anakin, even without her Battle Mediation

And theres no arguement you'd be willing to except because you are in love with Bastila

And theres no arguement you'd be willing to except because you are in love with Bastila

She is a game character. I love her in game terms. I aint as shallow as u, who brought this up in the first place.

I accept arguments, and take them into consideration.

I just counter them, just as GhostofAnakin counters mine.

No you just argue for Bastila regardless if it makes any sense

And a little off topic Godsmack is the crappiest band ever

U R Wrong, if i didnt take the other side of the argument into consideration, they why do i make points for both Anakin and Bastila, pointing out there similarities, and differences.

I simply beleive Bastila is superior in control, and other things. Many disagree, and I accpet that. But u just seem to be making random comments about nothing sometimes.

Anyway. Anakin is very powerful, I do beleive that, but Bastila is very powerful aswell.

I mean she learnt the 'rare' art of Battle Meditation at the age of 19-20

Anakin, advanced very very quickly aswell, from a boy of about 10, to a very powerful jedi padawan.

Perhaps the reason they both fell to the darkside, was because they each became to powerful to quickly.

even one of your points is disputed and you admitt that your take is wrong, you are alway like: But I still think Bastila would win, she is ah more mature than Anakin, or she would win because the way she tosses her pixelated hair would stun anakin as it has stunned me

Perhaps we are a little off track, there is nothing wrong with liking a chracter from a novel or anything else of the sort. To say you love em when you just like the way a character is presented in the story does not make any sense at all, so I disagree with Laozi's generalization.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Look I could understand what you mean if we were talking about a character from a novel or even a movie, were you could maybe get some interior thought or had elaborate character motivations.

But what do you really get to know about Bastila, very very little. I could understand you defending Kotorfanatics words if he wasn't so ridgid in his in his assumptions about Bastila, almost as if he believes he knows her. It seems to be more of some sort of infatuation not just identifing with a character or interpreting there personality

Look I could understand what you mean if we were talking about a character from a novel or even a movie, were you could maybe get some interior thought or had elaborate character motivations.

But what do you really get to know about Bastila, very very little. I could understand you defending Kotorfanatics words if he wasn't so ridgid in his in his assumptions about Bastila, almost as if he believes he knows her. It seems to be more of some sort of infatuation not just identifing with a character or interpreting there personality

Either way you should let it go, you dont want this to inflate into a big issue.

So they like Bastile as a fiction character, who cares, people like characters from games just as much form movies or books......just look at Final Fantasy, Star Craft, and Halo. They where so popular that a movie was made based on Final Fantasy ideas and books where made about Star Craft and Halo, it is no different.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud