Last night rocked.

BlackFlag311

Last night i was standing on a hill watching 311 play. I'm convinced that I'll never see a better show. I got to see them play Omaha Stylee, Feel So Good, Amber, Beautiful Disaster, Down, and a bunch more. Also the Roots opened up for them, and they were pretty awesome too. But 311 rocked the house. The only bad part about the show was a couple of fans and the fact that they didn't play Who's Got the Herb. Small things, though. I suggest everybody go see 311. You'll thank me later.

Never heard of them.

I don't know if I have an absolute favourite concert, I've seen a lot of excellent shows. The most spectacular show though I think I'd give to Tom Waits on the Mule Variations tour. I remember it like a "too-good-to-be-true" dream.

Other major notables would be The Residents, Public Image Ltd, The Sugarcubes, KMFDM (on the Nihil tour), Jesus Jones/Ned's Atomic Dustbin and Pop Will Eat Itself.

In the realm of "lesser knowns", a Paris To Kyiv show in a church, and Teresa Tova would be mandatory inclusions.

Oh, and Jane Siberry with The Rheostatics as her band playing under the open sky on a clear summer night was really something.

newlogo.gif

I'm going to see a free 311 concert in a few days. They're coming back to Omaha for our 150th birthday celebration. I grew up listening to 311 as a local band before they hit it big, but originally they weren't even going to do a concert here. I've actually seen 311 claim to be an LA band despite being from Omaha and having a song called Omaha Stylee.

It's sad. About 6 or 7 years back, they returned to Omaha for a concert called Edge-Fest with 12 bands. 311 had only left Omaha to go national a year before, and they were announced as a LA band in Omaha. Most of the crowd walked.

That and they headlined over the Violent Femmes which I thought to be a travesty. And a sham, and a mockery. It was a travashamflamockery!

I also thought it kinda funny that I was considered an old school fan because I've been there since selftitled. Nick was all like "this is for the old school fans, Down!".

I just kinda laughed because to me that's a newer album. I consider Music and Grassroots old school.

Last night i was standing on a hill watching 311 play. I'm convinced that I'll never see a better show. I got to see them play Omaha Stylee, Feel So Good, Amber, Beautiful Disaster, Down, and a bunch more. Also the Roots opened up for them, and they were pretty awesome too. But 311 rocked the house. The only bad part about the show was a couple of fans and the fact that they didn't play Who's Got the Herb. Small things, though. I suggest everybody go see 311. You'll thank me later.

Interesting someone with a black flag username would say the 311 concert was the best he's ever seen. I've seen Henry Rollins in concert and I could probably say he would blow 311 off the map in concert. Saying that, I never saw the BF reunion, so I can't say if they were any good or not, but I saw him about 7 years ago and it was absolutely amazing. Anyway, seeing Henry Rollins live was one of best experiences I've ever had at a concert. The man's a legend IMO.

But, I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

The only time I've seen Henry Rollins live was on the first Lollapalooza concert and gods, I was bored to tears with his show.

I saw him in a bar that held about a thousand people and it was amazing. I've never seen a man spit so much while singing. :lol: But, my point is most if not all punk bands suck in amphitheaters or outside. Or heavens forbid in an arena. A good grungy bar that is intimate is where they shine. The pixies are playing all these outdoor festivals this summer. Who cares? That

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Anyway I find Henry Rollins to be one of the most underrated American musicians. The Pixies and also Sonic Youth are highly underrated. They have influenced so many musicians nowadays its scary. These guys brought so much originality to the music scene when they burst into the scene its amazing. All of them have a cult following and its sad. I remember seeing David Bowie in Cleveland this past year and he played a Pixies song. Right before it he complained that you Americans don

- Steven Erikson