Cheers for RPG's that starts "high"

Back to the topic, I agree that you should start off 2-4 level. This is because you were banned/exiled (I don't know if its self imposed or not) from the JO, and thus had to have done something bad. How could you have done something if you never did anything?

Actually no, we play as a former left handed character that was corrected so he uses his right hand and because of that he goes back to lv 1 to learn everything again by using the right hand.

:p

Yes, that's it!

.... no, but seriously - why does everyone think he has to have actually done ANYTHING? Maybe the Master's were taking precautions. Someone suggested on another forum that this Exile exile's himself, rips away his own force power, and denounces all things Jedi and of his past in the mandalorian war (putting him at level one) and then ends up in the cryogenic chamber's of Peragus, somehow.

While I disagree with the trend of putting character's that should be high level at level one, they really have explained this perfectly well - better when we actually get the game, no doubt.