Back Attacks?

I don't know if Back Attacks were any different than regular attack in KOTOR, but it didn't seem like they were.

I guess I just suggest maybe there should be some sort of penalty since I don't think even the best Jedi would still be so untouchable while engaged in combat with someone else as someone tries to stab him in the back.

It could lend a bit more tactical flair to combat, especially if outnumbered and you needed to form up in a defensive shell to protect your flanks. Of course this would take time away from other parts of the game, so don't make too big of a deal about it :rolleyes:

I kinda agree, its another thing to keep track of.

Funny thing is that d20 there is no "back" to start with (I am not even sure about it having facing) since "backstab" no longer exists (thank god) and its a abstract combat model so "realism" takes a backseat so we have faster combat.

Problem is "The Munchkin Lords" uses the same engine of "Kniting of Old Republicans" were such combat model did not exist and we go again about the cost/worth thing of making such changes in the game engine and taking in consideration the engine really does not handle well position characters due to its point of view and control type ...

drakron.png

the engine really does not handle well position characters due to its point of view and control type

How would you know this? The reason why I suggested it would be if it was possible....if I didn't think it would in some way be plausible I would never have suggested it.

Again...unless you have intimate knowledge of the engine do not comment with certainty about it's capabilities.

Considering the player models have definite fronts and backs (in order to draw them correctly), I do not think it would be too difficult to determine if they were hit in the front half or in the back half.

I guess I just suggest maybe there should be some sort of penalty since I don't think even the best Jedi would still be so untouchable while engaged in combat with someone else as someone tries to stab him in the back.

Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud was able to do it on Highlander via the mirror image in his blade. :(

Hmmm....well, the way I run it (and so has no actual bearing on KoTOR 1 or 2) is that once actual melee starts, no backstabbing is possible, as everyone is on their guard. However, with things like Stasis and such, it could be done (and is done, in K1).

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

How would you know this? The reason why I suggested it would be if it was possible....if I didn't think it would in some way be plausible I would never have suggested it.

Well the mesh have a "back" but the combat model does not, we have a head mesh but we dont have headshoots or localised damage.

Also movement is key driven and not mouse click on the ground driven, add the point of view that really is unsuitable for mouse click on the ground.

drakron.png

Also movement is key driven and not mouse click on the ground driven, add the point of view that really is unsuitable for mouse click on the ground.

??????

I never suggested that movement be done by clicking with the mouse....how is this relevant to the thread?