Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The TV and Streaming Thread: Enough episodes for syndication

Featured Replies

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

  • 2 weeks later...

MobLand. Started strong but ended up being muddled. Season 2 is not getting any better so far.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

  • Author

Finished Lanterns.

I found the final two episodes to be pretty anti-climatic, although I assume it's partly by design. Just the way the cookie crumbles re: the way they did plot structure. The 5th episode (I think it was the 5th) felt so much like a typical season ender in some ways that the rest felt like a lot of filler re: future considerations - decent filler, mind, but filler all the same. At least they didn't end it on some mega "NEXT SEASON" cliffhanger, just in case something happens and the currently expected next season never appears. Good enough to make me think I'd check out a 2nd season but not quite good enough to leave me really hankering for a 2nd season, if that makes sense.

EDIT: also, the dynamic between John and Hal's actors was so strong, not sure if it'll survive no-Hal - assuming they do not find a way to insert Hal into a season 2.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Still gaming with my 9900k/2080ti/32 ram.

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

EDIT: also, the dynamic between John and Hal's actors was so strong, not sure if it'll survive no-Hal - assuming they do not find a way to insert Hal into a season 2.

I think they set it up pretty well for Hal to show up as Parallax, but I agree 80% of the show was Hal (Kyle Chandler). From what I read John will show up in the next Justice League movie.

Hopefully season 2 comes with a bigger budget and we see more action, but I liked season 1 for what it was, it's just that it's going to be hard to replicate without Hal.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

  • Author
7 hours ago, Sarex said:

I think they set it up pretty well for Hal to show up as Parallax,

Oh, does that happen in John's era? I know of Parallax but not much re: story/plotlines. Probably googled once after that bad GL movie and promptly forgot.
I do vaguely recall in the Return of Superman compilation book (years and years ago), destruction of Coast City and Green Lantern showing up all mad. But since it was a Superman collection, GL wasn't in there for long.

But yeah - overall I liked Lanterns. We'll see! :)

Still gaming with my 9900k/2080ti/32 ram.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.