Is bending nature to one's will a crime?

I inquired about a bounty and the bounty giver asked me to kill someone because she bends nature to her will and pursues her foes with relentless fury, as the attached figure shows.

I don't understand. What kind of crimes are those deeds? The quest is not clear about that. I do not do a bounty quest unless the target has been confirmed crime-doing.

If Fleet Master Wakoyo were a druid, I would understand his reasoning regarding the nature, though I still wouldn't consider the deed a crime. But he is not a druid, so the quest does not make any sense to me.

crimes-or-not.png

Edited by IanTheWizard

1 hour ago, Sympetrum said:

I think Wakoyo is just telling you that Burunga is a druid, so that you can prepare yourself before fighting her.

Thank you for the information. I never thought of that. The dialog really should have been clearer.

Still, I don't think she is criminal. A druid acting in that way surely is self-contradictory, but is far from deserving death, in my opinion.

Edited by IanTheWizard

Wait a minute, I got it. So "She is known for bending nature to her will and pursuing her foes with relentless fury." is just a description about the druid class and is not describing any crime.

I seriously suggest that the conversation be re-written. It's really confusing to players who do not understand the druid class. How many players who care about the purpose of the quest actually understand that the sentence is not describing any crime and is just telling us that the target is a druid?

Edited by IanTheWizard

The ambiguity of the final bounty from him might actually be saying something with what isn't said. If you look at the way he sells the previous bounties to you:
"-a pirate shirking any pretense of lawful conduct in the open seas"
"-a Vailian captain and seeker of lost ruins. There is no wicked length he would not go to plunder the dignity of these isles."

He appeals to you from a perspective of what is lawful and just. The Deadfire should be a place of order and civility in his eyes. Surly you agree?
But then when it comes to Burunga: "-a Huana captain of many seasons." What threat does she pose to order in the Deadfire? Seemly nothing. Further more his dialogue after accepting the bounty could be read to imply he might actually admire her.
This goes back to what he said when hiring you: "-empty the seas of competition in exchange for profit." This what never about taking out the scum that plague the sea, this was just business.

Edited by Kvellen
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kvellen said:

The ambiguity of the final bounty from him might actually be saying something with what isn't said. If you look at the way he sells the previous bounties to you:
"-a pirate shirking any pretense of lawful conduct in the open seas"
"-a Vailian captain and seeker of lost ruins. There is no wicked length he would not go to plunder the dignity of these isles."

These are very much appealing to you from a perspective of what is lawful.
But then when it comes to Burunga: "-a Huana captain of many seasons." What did she do? Possibly nothing. Additionally his dialogue after accepting the bounty could be read to imply he might actually admire her.
This goes back to what he said when hiring you: "-empty the seas of competition in exchange for profit." This what never about taking out the scum that plague the sea, this was just business.

Thank you. I mis-read "seasons" as "reasons" and thought "many reasons" means "many crimes".

So, Fleet Master Wakoyo does not say the target has done a crime or crimes. That's disappointing. I think I won't do this quest after all.

Edited by IanTheWizard