Posted (edited)

Alright, well, i'm tired of waiting for this patch, so i decided to just start the game and opted for this: 

20 6 15 15 15 7

Former mercenary and captain of his own squad, my guy (whom i named Rasczak, heh), known for his cunning as a strategist, fighting prowess and brutality in battle, has been worn down over countless wars. Tired of partaking in so much bloodshed (hence the lowish resolve), and left severly wounded in his last campaign (hence the low constitution), but unable to change what he is at a fundamental level (a merciless killer), he has abandoned his former life to walk the path of the Bleak Walker, his only purpose in life that of bringing an end to bloodshed, by any means necessary, joining causes and taking up contracts with the sole aim of ending matters that could spiral in open and prolonoged hostilities swiftly and as decidely as possible, while keeping as much distance from his former life as possible. 

This guy will focus fully on lore btw so i can make use of the high dexterity in more than one way, to make up for the paladin's weakness with his autoattacks by supplementing them with casting scrolls when needed (and since he is in the frontlines he will likely want to cast them quickly). The low health should trigger fighting spirit often, and the fact i can just stick to dual wielding for my FoD attacks i don't have to bother with a ranged weapons leaving the second slot free to have a shield at the ready in case i need to off-tank on a pinch. Having so many speed bonuses will also allow me to wear the heaviest armor possible, which can also make up for the low constitution. 

Later on i may end up respecing, taking some points out of perception if items can supply enough accuracy and bump intellect to max if i see i need it for Sacred Immolation and perhaps bump constitution as well a bit if it's truly possible to get one shot in PoTD with lower than base constutition, or if Sacred Immolation just eats me up until i die every other fight. 

Edited by Opus132

Bit off topic, but I'm curious about if Flanking Bonus works on Sacred Immolation? 

Tested and it works with SI, I guess all bonus that works on spell will works on SI since it's a spell-like ability.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Heh, tried to use a few scrolls and they actually work pretty good. 

I wonder, do proc on kill abilities work with scrolls? Like if i kill someone with a fireball, that does count for that Bleak Walker talent that causes aoe fear? 

On 5/2/2024 at 11:58 PM, Opus132 said:

Heh, tried to use a few scrolls and they actually work pretty good. 

I wonder, do proc on kill abilities work with scrolls? Like if i kill someone with a fireball, that does count for that Bleak Walker talent that causes aoe fear? 

Black Path is generally considered an below average talent in power. And Bleakwalker usually doesn't have enough talents to pick it. You pick Intense Flame, Remember Rakhan Field, Scion of Flame, Spirit of Decay, Two Weapon Style, that's already 5 talents and only 3 left. Apprentice Sneak Attack, Weapon Focus, Savage Attack, Deep Faith are all very competitive with the left 3 slots so there's no room for Black Path.

Also I prefer to have Silver Hand as my 2nd weaponset for my Bleakwalker. Because when dealing with these low DR high hp pool enemies Silver Hand is the best weapon. You can potentially do more than 350 +150 = 500 damage with FoD if it luckly triggers Divine Mark. Because if Divine Mark is triggered by FoD it will get accuracy bonus from it, make it very likely to crit.

For bosses it's also not bad to shoot with Silver Hand before you use FoD with bittercut because Silverhand can blind, plus chance to divine mark, thats -20~25 deflection, makes your FoD easier to crit.