Making Beam scaling with PL and Intellect: Possible?

Hello, I'm trying to modify the Beam spells as the other spells are, i.e., making those duration to scale with PL and Intellect. 

The Beam spells have its own "AttackBeamComponent" that contains duration and intervals, and it seems not option to apply the scaling effect, sadly. 

I guess the non-scaling by PL and Intellect of Beam is hard-coded so it cannot be modified, right?

Thanks in advance!

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Hoo said:

I guess the non-scaling by PL and Intellect of Beam is hard-coded so it cannot be modified, right?

Yeah, you're right. Looking at the decompiled code with dnSpy, the AttackBeam creates a timer based on "BeamDuration" without any external multipliers taken into account.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the reply! It's really sad to hear that fact though. 😂

By the way, I have another question of Deadfire implementation; Carnage, Barbarian's innate ability, seems not being affected by damage bonuses such as Weapon Quality upgrade and passive abilities increasing the damage dealt, like Blooded. The description said "Base Weapon Damage" so... Daggers, for example, have 10-14 base damage and Carnage with this weapon would be 3.3-4.62 without any scaling, except the 10% PL scaling?...

I felt this value is quite low... The 10% PL adjustment for Carnage, which is actually 3.3% per PL, is very weird for me, because Sneak Attack's PL scaling is additive +5%, e.g., 20% + (5%*PL), not 20% + 0.2%... 

• Like 1

In Carnage_SE_PrimaryAttackDamage you can see that they've intentionally set the scaling to WeaponDamage * 0.33 * (1 + (0.1 * PL))

From what I can tell from the code, the PrimarWeapon/SecondaryWeapon damage in the DynamicValue does not account for modifiers such as Weapon quality, it just makes a new damage roll based on the weapon's base min & max damage values. Which is consistent with what you've found

• Thanks 1