@Elric Galad thank you for making Single Class Paladin viable as a support healer. I beat the game on POTD-Ironman with god challenges of Skaen, Berath, Galawain and Ondra (no real impact here for Ondra lol) and having a dedicated healer/Battle Captain tank played really well for the party.

1. The change to Healing Chain makes a viable alternate path to Sacred Immolation.  The heal is incredible in tough fights like FS and SSS as you can reduce a lot of the AOE chip  damage you take.

2. The change to Divine Retribution makes it still good (I still took it) but not a must have thanks to..

3. 1 Zeal cost to all but Reviving Exhortation.  I took almost all the exhortations-Reinforcing Exhortation plus resolve upgrade (double down on deflection)  for Eder swashbuckler tank-Hastening Exhortation plus nimble (full party nimble lol) upgrade. Even Liberating Exhirtation I found extremely useful in FS when a party member gets hit with a ton of negative affects. Took Reviving Exhortation no upgrade for emergencies cause of Berath challenge-used it like twice but saved my bacon. 

You aren’t soloing the game a support Paladin but the mod makes them a great group support class + good tank.

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.

On 6/12/2023 at 4:47 PM, Torm51 said:

@Elric Galad thank you for making Single Class Paladin viable as a support healer. I beat the game on POTD-Ironman with god challenges of Skaen, Berath, Galawain and Ondra (no real impact here for Ondra lol) and having a dedicated healer/Battle Captain tank played really well for the party.

1. The change to Healing Chain makes a viable alternate path to Sacred Immolation.  The heal is incredible in tough fights like FS and SSS as you can reduce a lot of the AOE chip  damage you take.

2. The change to Divine Retribution makes it still good (I still took it) but not a must have thanks to..

3. 1 Zeal cost to all but Reviving Exhortation.  I took almost all the exhortations-Reinforcing Exhortation plus resolve upgrade (double down on deflection)  for Eder swashbuckler tank-Hastening Exhortation plus nimble (full party nimble lol) upgrade. Even Liberating Exhirtation I found extremely useful in FS when a party member gets hit with a ton of negative affects. Took Reviving Exhortation no upgrade for emergencies cause of Berath challenge-used it like twice but saved my bacon. 

You aren’t soloing the game a support Paladin but the mod makes them a great group support class + good tank.

Thank you for this great report. The 1 Zeal Exhortations have been the corner Stone of BPM pal rework so it's good to see them fulfilling their purpose. 

Healing Chain has been somewhat of a headache to find its right place so I'm kind of releived if it works well. 

Divine Retribution might still be a mostly mandatory pick, but the intent was to make it (and the whole SC Pal) rely less on summon sacrifice. 

Great feedback, many thanks! 

5 hours ago, patronkus said:

Did you find a place for Light of Pure Zeal (the PL 9 nova move)?

Yes I did. It was very good in FS and SSS the times the group took heavy damage. Plus the change to frost/electricity. I had room for Divine Retribution, Prestige and Light of Pure zeal (you might as well you have the room.)

@Elric Galad I wouldn’t call it mandatory but it was nice in long fights. I could do the Skeleton summon with the chanter , they would die and get some resources for more exhortations or heals.   I don’t know that I needed it but it was good insurance for fights like the Oracle etc.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.