Hi folks. I'm getting close to the point of starting SSS and FS on my POTD upscale run. I'm thinking of swapping into my party Fassina and Konstanten as I've still not seen their dialogue playout in those DLCs, so looking for some ideas for solid builds for them. I'm not using any mods that allow other than their usual class combinations.

I'm happy with my tank, and so I'm wondering whether it's possible to do a good build for Konstanten as a ranged damage dealer. I've not played Barbarian much, and I  know it sounds counter intuitive considering how much of the barbarian is built around melee, but I'm thinking of ignoring Carnage and Barbaric Blow, and playing him as a frenzied shooter/chanter. Does this sound terrible or okay?

I'm not sure how to build Fassina at the moment. I'm thinking of using her as a ranged support, as a conjurer/druid. Even without evocation spells, she will still have access to some of my favourites (Slicken, Web, Combusting wounds, Expose vulnerabilities, Kalakoth's Minor Blights, Writhing Tentacles), plus all the usual druid goodness (Heals/Hots, insects/plagues, etc). I did think about SC conjurer (tempted to try Caedebald's Blackbow), but I'm not sure the tier 8/9 spells she will have access to will offset having access to druid spells. I could of course make her wizard/chanter, but I'm usually happy with just one chanter.

I would welcome any suggestions for Fassina and Konstanten! 

Best wishes,

Vas.

Follow up question - does barbaric blow work with ranged weapons? I just re-read it, and it does say "Range: Weapon". My interpretation of the description is that the +50% AoE only applies to carnage (and thus not to range), but the other modifiers (+20% damage, 30% hits to crits, +50% crit damage) presumably do apply to range? I've not tried it for ranged, just going off of description.

My Fassina build. I dont know if it works in POTD.

I also like her as a sorcerer, the druid DOT spells offset the missing evocation spells, just give her The Spine of thicket Green.

Never used Konstanten as ranged damage dealer tough.

Edited by kronozord
  • Like 1

Konstanten's class choices being skald, skald/barbarian, and barbarian, means he was intended as a melee character, though his meh perception is not great for getting phrases back. You could definitely run him as a ranged howler. Won't be the best chanter since he can't get phrases back ranged but he isn't going to crit a ton anyway. Sure-handed ila + frenzy and he'll attack pretty fast. Barbaric Blow should apply ranged but there isn't as much benefit so I probably wouldn't take it. Give him a high dps bow and have him summon instruments of death now and then. 

Fassina works well as a pure wizard. Just cast caedabald's blackbow and essential phantom and she'll wreck things. Would probably be fine as a loremaster, but loremaster is redundant if you're taking konstanten as a howler. Also it doesn't pair that well with conjurer since she can only summon one thing at a time, meaning she can't use both wizard and chanter summons. Could do wizard summons and use chanter side for buffs and CC invocations, would probably work all right. Sorcerer does have some interesting synergy like combusting wounds + infestation of maggots... I think any of her class choices are fine, just depending what your party needs.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had a little play test with Konstanten this morning, and playing him as a ranged doesn't feel good. I think if I'm going to use him it will be as a Barbarian-Chanter as a substitute for my main tank. And Fassina I think I'm going to try as a sorcerer. Neither are my ideal class combinations, but hopefully good enough.

55 minutes ago, Vasvary5050 said:

Yeah, I had a little play test with Konstanten this morning, and playing him as a ranged doesn't feel good. I think if I'm going to use him it will be as a Barbarian-Chanter as a substitute for my main tank. And Fassina I think I'm going to try as a sorcerer. Neither are my ideal class combinations, but hopefully good enough.

Konstanten has low int and that means his cheap offensive invocation cones (such as Her Revenge) will be too short to be of good use if he fights at range. Imo he has to get close to the enemies in order to make optimal use of those cone-shaped invocations.

You could try to boost his INT with various items + food - and that might work at some point. But tbh I would just make him a melee char (and still increase his INT because it sucks ;)). 

Konstanten as Howler with a Morning Star and Brute Force, Spirit Frenzy and the chant "The Long Night's Drink" worked very well for me. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods