No spiky bur plants in my game. . .

I have no idea how, or when, this started. I just tried to do some bur farming and realized that where the spots on the map are, there aren't any bur weeds. Then I took a broader view of the entire yard and realized that I no longer have ANY spiky bur plants anywhere!. I reverified the files through Steam and nothing changed. This is bad since I was wanting to change from the clover roof to the new pinecone roof and it uses burs.

I'm getting the same thing here. Just went to find some bur's and my entire yard is devoid of them. Started today, as far as I know. I had them before, they show up on radar, but they don't physically exist anywhere. Something feels bugged.

Additional detail: Have plugged the gas, collected burs in the past, and the upper yard has zero of them spawned. 

I'm having the same problem, only place I can find burrs at all is in the plant pot near the mantis boss arena I can only get 10 burrs at a time, I've plugged the haze ages ago I'm sure there was burr plants and all of a sudden when I need to finish my build after meeting wendal they are all gone help on this would be really nice very frustrating

I'm having the same issue. I patched, got into the game, I chopped down the closest burr to the tree, as I was in the process of building up my base. I noticed after a couple days the burr did not respawn, so I went across the yard to farm some... lo and behold, as I'm looking atop the perch of the porch chair, there is literally no burr in the yard. I've gone to all my usual spots - nothing.

I find it odd that there was burr when I logged in, but as a couple days passed I suppose it all cleared itself from the yard with no warning. This is a big issue for me because I'm at the point where I'm building with finer materials, and the only thing left I need is to install the floors. I need burr for that so I'm kind of at a big loss here.

I would also like to add that I am experiencing the same issues as the others in this thread... I thought I was going nuts when I realized that the burr weeds had vanished across the yard in multiple worlds (on up-to-date worlds running 1.2.3 plus older version saves including pre-EA conversion ones, all with Haze long since plugged up) despite surveyor clearly pinging where they should be.

Are the weeds not respawning, or are they respawning invisible like they are for me? Go to a bur node after the radar says they respawned, and hit the usual spot they spawn at. They will turn visible for your current playthrough until you restart the game again.

Confirmed, what @kenryoku said.

Logged on today. Went hunting for burr weeds. No burr weeds to be found.

Checked resource scanner. Resource scanner showed burr weeds in the usual locations on the map.

Went to one such location, swung my axe around wildly while walking around near the scanner map marker. Suddenly, a burr weed popped into existence in front of me. I was able to chop it down and harvest it.

On PC, Xbox Game Pass version.

So I am having the same issue but Id like to add something that might help it's resolution. So the scanner shows that there are burrs around because they are around. I bumped (literally) into one, got the prompt to chop it down and after the first swing the plant became visible! Maybe something is up with the way the game is rendering or detecting the undamaged texture of the plant? 

Yep, definitely a bug that Obsidian has targeted for a future patch (check Grounded issue tracker). In the meantime, I gathered 50 of them by using the resource scanner, going to one of the red squares, and carefully trying to get right into the middle of it and started swinging. I hit about 80% of the ones marked. A pain but it works. 

Just a suggestion to help untill the future patch drops --try putting a marker blueprint on each burr weed that you find. Finding them is annoying because it's half resource surveyor and half swinging blindly. Yet once found I can make it so much easier to chop down on the following pass because they have a marker blueprint on them.

Wouldn't fill in the markers, personally, as they can be damaged and it's equally annoying to have a hundred markers on my screen.

Just a thought. Hope it helps someone.

Edit:  After a fair bit of testing ... I now caution against placing marker blueprints on or near the bur weeds. Doing so makes them not respawn altogether. At least not in my game.

Good luck, everyone.

Wish they'd fix this already.

Edited by Aztrel
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Noah Overstreet said:

My friends started a world on the 1.2.3 Patch with invisible spiky burs but after 1.2.4 the burs aren't spawned at all. I've checked resource survey says nothing on the map. On my other world the burs are fixed and no longer invisible.

Have they sealed the barrel yet?