Generic legendary gear doesn't degrade under abydon. Where is it?

I've discovered generic legendary gear doesn't break down under abydon's challenge. I've tested a number of weapons, shields, and armor via console, and the generic legendary items do not degrade at all. Everything else does. 

But I only know of one piece existing in the game, the legendary plate armor rewarded from contest of the slayer in SSS.

Has anyone encountered other generic legendary gear? It could open up more builds for ultimate runs. Like with the plate I am pretty sure some paladins can do it, definitely paladin / FF, possibly others.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Kaylon said:

If I remember well the The Deck of Many Things and the other top (hidden) ships from each faction can drop legendary items. I don't know if enemies scaling affects the level of the loot or not.

What do you mean by top "hidden" ships? Do you mean the vengeance ships, or I think each faction has one labeled ship sailing around that isn't a bounty, though I can't recall their names nor do I think they were particularly high level.

I boarded a RDC master ship and they just had exceptional and superb gear. Also killed everyone on the deck of many things. On top it's all exceptional gear, on bottom it is a mix of superb and exceptional. Didn't find any legendary. I was L20 but hadn't been to ashen maw, so...possibly their gear scales with how far you are in the story and not level? Or they don't have any legendary gear. 

I'm kind of thinking there might just be a couple (maybe even one) generic legendary pieces, which would explain why the gear isn't coded correctly with regards to abydon.

I honestly can't recall any generic legendary item, I don't even remember the SSS reward (though I guess I haven't done Slayer path in a while). As you probably have well-experienced, my casual understanding is that generic enemy gear maxes out at Superb, even in FS which probably has the consistently highest target level in the whole game. 

The master ships definitely don't get up to legendary. I've only done one vengeance ship (Huana) and don't recall any legendary generic items.

1 hour ago, thelee said:

I honestly can't recall any generic legendary item, I don't even remember the SSS reward (though I guess I haven't done Slayer path in a while). As you probably have well-experienced, my casual understanding is that generic enemy gear maxes out at Superb, even in FS which probably has the consistently highest target level in the whole game. 

The master ships definitely don't get up to legendary. I've only done one vengeance ship (Huana) and don't recall any legendary generic items.

Yeah I did the other paths in SSS as well as every fight and they all max at superb gear. Never seen better than superb in FS or BW either. But I've gotten the legendary plate every time I do slayer's path in SSS, and I finally pinned it down to that specific encounter, contest of the slayer. It's the one you do against the dragonslayers, one of them has generic legendary plate. It's the fight after changeling's dance + trial by fangs and fur + cult of the naga shamen.

I'm strongly suspecting now this is the only piece in the game...

does this imply that successfully upgrading an item all the way to legendary makes it immune to degradation? i honestly never bothered because repairs were already ruinous at superb. or are you saying that every item was manually coded in to degrade, and they forgot about this legendary plate? if that's the case, i wonder if there's anything else they forgot (probably too tedious to check)

23 hours ago, Shai Hulud said:

I boarded a RDC master ship and they just had exceptional and superb gear. Also killed everyone on the deck of many things. On top it's all exceptional gear, on bottom it is a mix of superb and exceptional. Didn't find any legendary. I was L20 but hadn't been to ashen maw, so...possibly their gear scales with how far you are in the story and not level? Or they don't have any legendary gear. 

I got curious and checked. While master captains do have Legendary Armors & Weapons, all those items have NeverDropAsLoot set to true... 😢

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, thelee said:

does this imply that successfully upgrading an item all the way to legendary makes it immune to degradation? i honestly never bothered because repairs were already ruinous at superb. or are you saying that every item was manually coded in to degrade, and they forgot about this legendary plate? if that's the case, i wonder if there's anything else they forgot (probably too tedious to check)

It is only the generic legendary items. You can't upgrade the generic gear like in POE1 and the upgraded unique gear breaks. They forgot to code all generic legendary gear but I guess only the one piece of plate exists in the actual game. The other pieces I tested I had consoled in. At the time I thought there were more legendary items in the game and was trying things like killing dorudugan with a generic legendary war bow (can be done with overdraw + devoted + razor skewers for example). 

Unfortunately I guess it is just this plate from contest of the slayer or more people would know where to find them

Possibly there could be other similar oversights but I don't know how to check that

Edited by Shai Hulud