Grounded Login Loop Workaround (Updated 230427)

We are aware of players not being able to log into the MP on Steam. There was an issue with an earlier Steam Update that caused this, and they have since released a new version. Please make sure your Steam is up to date and try to login again. If that doesn't work please let us know and we'll work with you to investigate this issue. 

Thanks.

230427.png.7d6fff632ca530528d58f6d0ca8fb0d7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Hi, so im having issues with the login loop as well I was never signed up as beta participant. Yet im still having these log in issues on repeat any other ideas that could help me hop on multiplayer? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abi k said:

Hi, so im having issues with the login loop as well I was never signed up as beta participant. Yet im still having these log in issues on repeat any other ideas that could help me hop on multiplayer? 

This appears to be an issue related to the Steam launcher and joining the Steam Beta should resolve it. The team is investigating solutions, and we'll let you know when it's available. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cstanick said:

This is a Steam Client issue and the Beta should resolve it. We are going to try to reach out to Steam to fix this as soon as possible. 

Thanks!

Just worked for me MUCH THANKS!

Well, I guess I can confirm it doesn't work for everyone. I updated to join the beta program and after steam updated, I still have the login loop when trying to start multiplayer. My partner was going fine while I was attempting the workaround, then once she restarted, Steam also updated for her and she is stuck in the same loop. She is not on the Beta program. Also, there is a workaround listed on the Grounded home page on Obsidian's site that says that the host needs to create a lobby, but of course that won't work if you aren't logged into XBox live since if either of us hosts while having the login loop issue, we can't get to the point where you would create a lobby.

12 hours ago, toddjanes said:

Well, I guess I can confirm it doesn't work for everyone. I updated to join the beta program and after steam updated, I still have the login loop when trying to start multiplayer. My partner was going fine while I was attempting the workaround, then once she restarted, Steam also updated for her and she is stuck in the same loop. She is not on the Beta program. Also, there is a workaround listed on the Grounded home page on Obsidian's site that says that the host needs to create a lobby, but of course that won't work if you aren't logged into XBox live since if either of us hosts while having the login loop issue, we can't get to the point where you would create a lobby.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still dealing with the login loop. Steam released another patch that should have resolved the issue. If it still isn't working properly please feel free to submit a support ticket, and we'll look into it. 

image.png

https://support.obsidian.net/contact

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble this has caused you!

• Fionavar changed the title to Grounded Login Loop Workaround (Updated 230427)
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...