Doemenel, Crucible and Dozen early quests.

Hello everyone,

I'm a newcomer to Pillars and trying to run some early quests for the factions mentionned in the topic title and wanted to know if i can run those without earning too much reputation before "siding" with the one i'm aiming at ?

I'm gonning to side with the Dozen mainly for Cladhaliath spear (or maybe i can get it without siding with the Dozen ?) but regardging the quest "The Bronze Beneath the Lake" it's going to lock my from other factions' quests so i want to run the ones i can before it happens.

Btw sorry for my english, it isn't my native language.

Hi, basically every faction has TWO quest and you can do ONE questo for any faction (the FIRST quest of that faction) and the SECOND quest can be done ONLY for ONE FACTION (embracing it for the whole following story).
It is all well depict in this page section of the wiki:
https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Pillars_of_Eternity_quests#Faction_quests

So you can do the Rogue Knight, Built to Last and A Two Story Job without any concerns about campaign progression. These 3 quests can be done in ANY ORDER.
Successively you can take only ONE quest among The Bronze Beneath the Lake, Winds of Steel OR The Changing of the Guard, siding with corresponding faction.

You can take Cladaliath in ACT 2 siding with The Dozen, achieving The Bronze Beneath the Lake mission, OR you can get it later in ACT 3 even if you side with another faction.

Hope I was clearl, have fun!

I'm not sure why it's not listed but you can also do Hard Feelings for House Doemenel without committing to them. In a way it's more of an intro quest than the burglary one is, since it lets you trade with Bricanta, much like the Dozens/CK intro quests unlock a vendor.

There are two more quests that involve House Doemenel (At All Costs, Cat and Mouse), but no matter how helpful or hostile you are (including killing their goons), you won't commit to joining them or make them so angry they won't want to deal with you.

I have a very particular ritual for antagonizing House Doemenel every playthrough...

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

There others missions/tasks also for other faction that can be done without side effects, i.e. Unwanted and Missing Sentries for Knights of the Crucible, some of these are marked as "Task" and not "Quest" (I don't kwon the difference to be honest), I think they choose two "main" quest for every faction and the others are other quests with faction appearing as "extra".

Nice thanks both of you, i've read somewhere if you had to much reputation with other factions Wenan wouldn't give you any more quests so that's why i was wondering but seems like it's all about quests which have a no return point, basicaly the third ones.

• Like 1

Maybe you see this note about "Rogue Knight" quest:
https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Rogue_Knight#Notes

If you are on overly good terms with the crucible knights Wenan will refuse to give you any quests.

It never happens to me, in any case pay attention to not do too much quest related to a faction opposed to the one you want join with before you allied with one faction. After you complete both the two quests of a faction, you can do any quest the game allowed.

Edited by Chaospread
missing content

3 hours ago, Chaospread said:

Maybe you see this note about "Rogue Knight" quest:
https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Rogue_Knight#Notes

It never happens to me, in any case pay attention to not do too much quest related to a faction opposed to the one you want join with before you allied with one faction. After you complete both the two quests of a faction, you can do any quest the game allowed.

Yup exactly this note, i did the quests i wanted and still was able to complete "The Bronze Beneath the Lake" without trouble.

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1