Hello!

I wanted to make a kind Wayfarer/trickster character, some sort of tanky damage dealer that dual wields but im not sure about stats, skills, weapons and which abilities to priorize

I know its a lot but can i hace some help? Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

Since Kind Wayfarers have White Flames (healing in an AoE when using Flames of Devotion) you want high(ish) Might for better healing and high Intellect for a bigger Area of Effect. You also want to hit, so high PER is not bad, too. 

My non-min-maxed attribute allocation would look something like this:

MIG: +
CON:-
DEX: +
PER: +
INT: ++
RES: +

Min-maxing doesn't work too well here imo because the character is versatile (healing, offense and defense) and needs a more balanced attribute spread.

Dual wielding is the best option for the White Flames because it will trigger twice then (each weapon strike equals one healing pulse). But being tanky is done best with a shield (even when being a Trickster who ha access to Mirrored Images etc.). So I would amybe suggest a shield with a bash? The following ones have the bashin ability:

While the damage a bash deals is not too great, it will still trigger White Flames's healing and that's what counts I guess. Bashing shields count as off-hand weapons so the dual-wielding speed bonus applies. Two-Weapon Style also applies, making you even faster. And on top of that Weapon and Shield Style applies as well, making you tankier. This goes together will with Riposte and also Adept Evasion (both Rogue abilities).  

As I said the damage output of the shield bashes aren't fantastic- but you'll bee a lot tankier with them while still getting the dual healing with White Flames.

If you want to deal better damage and lose a bit of tankyness you can of course pick any other weapon sets. They don't even have to be the same. For example a Rapier + Dagger setup can be nice. White Flames only triggers if you don't miss with your strikes, so weapons with additional accuracy are nice. Also the Rapier+Dagger setup fits a Trickster well imo. Daggers have a modal that allows to gain +10 melee deflection which can be helpful when getting too much heat. Rapiers have a modal that grants a lot of bonus accuracy at the expense of attack speed which allows to more reliably hit very defensive enemies. 

Here are two weapons for a Rapier+Dagger setup that I would like:

Both weapons are no late game stuff but can be aquired relatively early. An even earlier unique Dagger than Marux Amanth can be bought directly in Neketaka, names Lover's Embrace. It's great, too because its speed enchantment (chance to get Frenzy when landing crits) stacks with every other speed bonus. 

Both of those Daggers don't have special accuracy properties besides the normal +5 Daggers get anyway. If it's more about accuracy and less about tankyness you could also take a look at Stilettos as off-hand weapon. There's the Azure Blade that gets very high accuracy bonuses when you are near allies. And you wont to be near allies most of times in order to make use of your While Flames healing as much as possible I assume. If you are near your party members and wield Rännig's Wrath + Azure Blade it's pretty difficult to miss with your White Flames attack.

However - a Dagger + Rapier setup has the advantage that it provides pierce & slash damage. Rapier + Stiletto will boith do pierce damage - and there are some enemies who are immune to that (certain skeletons, blights etc.). So make sure to bring a backup weapon set like two maces or two clubs or so for the times you encounter such enemies. 

Hitting things becomes even more easy if you pick up the Ring of Focused Flame. It adds +10 accuracy to your Flames of Devotion/White Flames attacks. That is pretty neat and a must-have for most Paladins wo use Flames of Devotion I think.

For armor I think there' the perfect one names Gipon Prudensco - but it's not that easy to get because you need to piss of the pirate faction in the game in order to spawn an enemy who wears it. But there are guides on how to do that. 

The next best armor I would pick is Casita Samelia's Legacy. But you need to put a lot of points into the Intimidate skill for it to be really good (it has a deflection bonus that scales with the Intimidate skill). This one can be obtained rel. early - but you have to kill a guy for it who you might not want to kill (or you do - depends on a quest). 

For abilities I would prefer the tanky ones except - when you go with a light armor - the ones for AR because they are only useful if you go for maximum armor (which I wouldn't because it doesn't fit Trickster thematically imo). Your main attack ability should be Flames of Devotion so most of your Zeal will be going that way. So I guess a single Rogue attack would suffice. I like Crippling Strike a lot because it scales well with Power Levels and is very cheap. Mobility is great so I would alsoways pick Escape, too. Since youzr goal is to spam Flames of Devotion for damage+healing you want to regain some Zeal, so check out the Paladin passive that allows to regain Zeal via kills. 

Trickster side want to spend a lot of Guile on Mirrored Images etc. I really like Riposte with tanky(ish) builds and also Adept Evasion. Slippery Mind as well. So basically the defensive passives of Rogues. Persistent Distraction and Deathblows and also Deep Wounds are a must though (imo). Great damage boosters that cost no Guile at all. 

Lay on Hands is a great ability, I would always pick it even if my attacks aready heal. Sometimes you want to save a party member or yourself and attacking isn't an option.

Maybe this can help you to get started... 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Hello and welcome!

Since Kind Wayfarers have White Flames (healing in an AoE when using Flames of Devotion) you want high(ish) Might for better healing and high Intellect for a bigger Area of Effect. You also want to hit, so high PER is not bad, too. 

My non-min-maxed attribute allocation would look something like this:

MIG: +
CON:-
DEX: +
PER: +
INT: ++
RES: +

Min-maxing doesn't work too well here imo because the character is versatile (healing, offense and defense) and needs a more balanced attribute spread.

Dual wielding is the best option for the White Flames because it will trigger twice then (each weapon strike equals one healing pulse). But being tanky is done best with a shield (even when being a Trickster who ha access to Mirrored Images etc.). So I would amybe suggest a shield with a bash? The following ones have the bashin ability:

While the damage a bash deals is not too great, it will still trigger White Flames's healing and that's what counts I guess. Bashing shields count as off-hand weapons so the dual-wielding speed bonus applies. Two-Weapon Style also applies, making you even faster. And on top of that Weapon and Shield Style applies as well, making you tankier. This goes together will with Riposte and also Adept Evasion (both Rogue abilities).  

As I said the damage output of the shield bashes aren't fantastic- but you'll bee a lot tankier with them while still getting the dual healing with White Flames.

If you want to deal better damage and lose a bit of tankyness you can of course pick any other weapon sets. They don't even have to be the same. For example a Rapier + Dagger setup can be nice. White Flames only triggers if you don't miss with your strikes, so weapons with additional accuracy are nice. Also the Rapier+Dagger setup fits a Trickster well imo. Daggers have a modal that allows to gain +10 melee deflection which can be helpful when getting too much heat. Rapiers have a modal that grants a lot of bonus accuracy at the expense of attack speed which allows to more reliably hit very defensive enemies. 

Here are two weapons for a Rapier+Dagger setup that I would like:

Both weapons are no late game stuff but can be aquired relatively early. An even earlier unique Dagger than Marux Amanth can be bought directly in Neketaka, names Lover's Embrace. It's great, too because its speed enchantment (chance to get Frenzy when landing crits) stacks with every other speed bonus. 

Both of those Daggers don't have special accuracy properties besides the normal +5 Daggers get anyway. If it's more about accuracy and less about tankyness you could also take a look at Stilettos as off-hand weapon. There's the Azure Blade that gets very high accuracy bonuses when you are near allies. And you wont to be near allies most of times in order to make use of your While Flames healing as much as possible I assume. If you are near your party members and wield Rännig's Wrath + Azure Blade it's pretty difficult to miss with your White Flames attack.

However - a Dagger + Rapier setup has the advantage that it provides pierce & slash damage. Rapier + Stiletto will boith do pierce damage - and there are some enemies who are immune to that (certain skeletons, blights etc.). So make sure to bring a backup weapon set like two maces or two clubs or so for the times you encounter such enemies. 

Hitting things becomes even more easy if you pick up the Ring of Focused Flame. It adds +10 accuracy to your Flames of Devotion/White Flames attacks. That is pretty neat and a must-have for most Paladins wo use Flames of Devotion I think.

For armor I think there' the perfect one names Gipon Prudensco - but it's not that easy to get because you need to piss of the pirate faction in the game in order to spawn an enemy who wears it. But there are guides on how to do that. 

The next best armor I would pick is Casita Samelia's Legacy. But you need to put a lot of points into the Intimidate skill for it to be really good (it has a deflection bonus that scales with the Intimidate skill). This one can be obtained rel. early - but you have to kill a guy for it who you might not want to kill (or you do - depends on a quest). 

For abilities I would prefer the tanky ones except - when you go with a light armor - the ones for AR because they are only useful if you go for maximum armor (which I wouldn't because it doesn't fit Trickster thematically imo). Your main attack ability should be Flames of Devotion so most of your Zeal will be going that way. So I guess a single Rogue attack would suffice. I like Crippling Strike a lot because it scales well with Power Levels and is very cheap. Mobility is great so I would alsoways pick Escape, too. Since youzr goal is to spam Flames of Devotion for damage+healing you want to regain some Zeal, so check out the Paladin passive that allows to regain Zeal via kills. 

Trickster side want to spend a lot of Guile on Mirrored Images etc. I really like Riposte with tanky(ish) builds and also Adept Evasion. Slippery Mind as well. So basically the defensive passives of Rogues. Persistent Distraction and Deathblows and also Deep Wounds are a must though (imo). Great damage boosters that cost no Guile at all. 

Lay on Hands is a great ability, I would always pick it even if my attacks aready heal. Sometimes you want to save a party member or yourself and attacking isn't an option.

Maybe this can help you to get started... 

Thank you a lot, you have given me plenty to work with and to think about

This sounds exactly like what i wanted, i will try both,the dual wield and the shield, to see which one i like the most

• Like 1