[Help] Some questions about Deadfire Modding (Ships, NPC, Bash from Shields)

Hello!

Have some questions about POE2 modding and want to get help. šŸ™ƒ

1. I'm working on a mod regarding the ship theme (another one < lol), nothing complicated - just a little rebalancing.
However, these "quicksands" are pulling me deeper and deeper.
I think that without some more in-depth improvements, it is simply impossible to make a balanced system of naval combat.
What do I mean?

For Junk need decrease maximum available slots for cannons from 10 to 8. (i think need edit
"NameplateFBX": "art/ships_new/props/name_plates/name_plate_junk.fbx", who know how do that? [edit .fbx-files ofc])
Or need create new
"ShipType" ?
How do that?
R_Junk_From_10_to_8_Cannons.png.2a8e9e2a68f511e0c1ad89d0fab197e0.png

Also when a weapon is installed in an available slot, 2 cannon models also appear in the ship model in 2 of the 20 (10 for every side) available cannon's windows.
Is it possible to make one weapon responsible for 3 or 4 cannons on the visual model of Junk?

2. Winking Audr - Character from Pale Elf race, but portrait - from Ocean Folk (Human). I think need change "Portrait": "gui/portraits/player/female/female_human_f_sm.png" to something related to "gui/portraits/player/female/female_elf_f_sm.png", but have problem - 2nd portrait from "IconTextureSmall": "gui/icons/items/crew/crew_female_human_f_s.png" - portraits from "gui/icons/items/crew/" - the folder does not have a file (gui/icons/items/crew/crew_female_human_f_s.png) inside.

What are the sizes of the portraits inside this folder?

Why isn't all the portraits stored in it?
How extract that portraits from in-game archives?

3. Also want create some small mod with editing theĀ Wintertide Bulwark, wanna add ability for that large shield like Burning Bash (but with frost damage, lol).
Wanna this additional stats for Bulwark:

• Damage: 11-15 (Crush/Frost)
  • Penetration: 7
  • Chance to Hit: Accuracy vs. Deflection
  • Attack Time: 0.7 sec
  • Recovery Time: 4.0 sec

Also with scaling from shield quality for damage and penetration to attack stats.
How do that?
Any hints?

Edited by Khagmas

On 2/12/2023 at 8:19 PM, Khagmas said:

3. Also want create some small mod with editing theĀ Wintertide Bulwark, wanna add ability for that large shield like Burning Bash (but with frost damage, lol).
Wanna this additional stats for Bulwark:

• Damage: 11-15 (Crush/Frost)
  • Penetration: 7
  • Chance to Hit: Accuracy vs. Deflection
  • Attack Time: 0.7 sec
  • Recovery Time: 4.0 sec

Also with scaling from shield quality for damage and penetration to attack stats.
How do that?
Any hints?

Shield Bash Quality Fix at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Check this mod (which is also incorporated as a component of Balance Polishing Mod)

Basically there are common object for the scaling, then these propreties are attached to the candidate shields (Magran's Blessing and Best Defense. Tuotilio's Palm scale with unarmed Abilities).

• Hmmm 1

• 1 month later...

I can't offer much insight into your first question. However...Ā 

On 2/12/2023 at 7:19 PM, Khagmas said:

2. Winking Audr - Character from Pale Elf race, but portrait - from Ocean Folk (Human). I think need change "Portrait": "gui/portraits/player/female/female_human_f_sm.png" to something related to "gui/portraits/player/female/female_elf_f_sm.png", but have problem - 2nd portrait from "IconTextureSmall": "gui/icons/items/crew/crew_female_human_f_s.png" - portraits from "gui/icons/items/crew/" - the folder does not have a file (gui/icons/items/crew/crew_female_human_f_s.png) inside.

What are the sizes of the portraits inside this folder?

Why isn't all the portraits stored in it?

Crew icons are part of an atlas image that is stored in one of the assetbundle archives (gui.unity3d I think?). An "atlas" is basically a big image made up of smaller images, with coordinates for the game to find a specific image. As I understand itĀ this is done to save memory. Something to the effect of it beingĀ more efficient toĀ load a single big image into memory and reference parts of it, than it is to load 100s of smaller images.

These icons are usually 42 by 42 pixels.

This post goes into how to add new icons:

I believe that crew icons are stored to the "ItemIcons" atlas.

Ā