Am I doing something wrong?... Modifying an item

Hello! First of all, I really appreciate an incredible modding tool developed by @Noqn!!! I'm trying to practice Deadfire modding with this great tool so far. 

What I'm doing is to enhance several equipments' options including upgrades; currently, I'm modifying Casità Samelia's Legacy, specifically. 

Scars and Memories' % chance seems quite low for me, so I want to make it more attractive with higher chance and some more improvements. The change list is something like,

- Improves the % chance from 25% to 50%
- Slash attack enemy when Hit in melee(No Slash damage type restriction and can be occured when being Grazed)
- +2 Penetration
- Increases its range from 1.5 to 1.75 against several ranged melee weapons, such as Quarterstaffs

I attached the file what I changed as described above, but it seems that the % chance change doesn't work correctly... I set the chance to 50%, however, it still activates very infrequently, like under 30%... BaseValue and ChanceToApply should be the value to modify the chance(I tested the value to set 100% and actually it works as intended in this case) imo, right?

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be really appreciated! 🥲

items.armors.casita_samelia's_legacy.gamedatabundle

Edited by Hoo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoo said:

BaseValue and ChanceToApply should be the value to modify the chance(I tested the value to set 100% and actually it works as intended in this case)

I suspect it was a developer oversight to set both BaseValue and ChanceToApply, and that they actually stack. If that is correct, then setting them both to 0.5 should give you a 25% chance to trigger, which sounds like what you're getting. (Which means that it only had a 1/16 chance to trigger in vanilla 😬)

Try setting ChanceToApply to 1 and BaseValue to 0.5 and see if that fixes things.

• Thanks 1