Apotheosis - Mod Editor for Deadfire

23 minutes ago, Yhekal said:

Hi,

Any ideas why the mod won't start? The start screen is gray after I click "OK" and nothing happens.

Sorry, I messed up an update yesterday, you can download the latest version from gitlab which has fixed this issue: https://gitlab.com/noqn/apotheosis#download-run

You still might have to wait a minute or so for the export to finish depending on how fast your system is. For a future update I will for sure add a progress bar.

Ok, weird. Open your file explorer and put %Appdata% into the address bar and hit enter. You should now get to something like `C:\Users\Yhekal\AppData\Roaming`

Is there a folder named "Apotheosis" in there? If so, delete it and run Apotheosis.exe again

2 hours ago, Yhekal said:

Does if matter from where on my computer I am running this app?

No, it shouldn't.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noqn said:

Ok, weird. Open your file explorer and put %Appdata% into the address bar and hit enter. You should now get to something like `C:\Users\Yhekal\AppData\Roaming`

Is there a folder named "Apotheosis" in there? If so, delete it and run Apotheosis.exe again

That made the first window popup, thanks.

Sadly, it still does not work (second step - extracting icons). Window is grayed-out, gave up a after 20 min of waiting.

On 2/20/2024 at 9:33 PM, Yhekal said:

Sadly, it still does not work (second step - extracting icons). Window is grayed-out, gave up a after 20 min of waiting.

One possibility is that one of the files in the export folder of your installation has been corrupted. The previous bug was caused by a single .stringtable file in the german localization (\exported\localized\de\text\conversations\05_neketaka_artisans_district\05_bs_construct.stringtable) being messed up across all installations by default. That specific file is now being skipped, but if another file has gotten corrupted Apotheosis will still stall when exporting.

I'm working on fixing the stalling and showing an error message to the player instead (as well as showing the update-available prompt earlier), but meanwhile you could try backing up your override folder and reinstalling deadfire.

Really sorry for all this :(

• Like 2