I got spoiled by the journal.

(This post includes a spoiler)

This technically might not be a technical issue, so please be lenient or help me find a more appropriate place to report the issue. 

The problem I faced was that the journal's People tab spoiled the game for me. The entries I unlocked after meeting Eva Gertneryn and Otto Zimmerman for the first time on the very first day said that they're married to each other and have a son. So I did think it was weird that Eva would be back to her father's home working without her son and didn't take her husband's family name, but what do I know? Maybe it's 16th century Bavarian life. It wasn't until the second morning when the game clarified that they were courting that I realized the journal revealed a spoiler. Is this intentional? I'm confused. 

I'm attaching a screenshot of the journal entry.

20221116070603_1.jpg

• Like 1

(This post contains another spoiler)

The Character A's entry says she's a widow. Is this another spoiler nooooooooooo

20221116083949_1.jpg

edit: adding another screenshot of spoilers for both Ottilia and Paul. All three screenshots are taken on day 2 and I think the entries for these characters describe future events. There could be more, I'm not reading the People tab anymore to avoid spoilers.

20221116120710_1.thumb.jpg.06ce9e89af48b104e72d9e3caa893a74.jpg

Edited by Arhae
additional info

I first noticed this right after Otto told me to say hello to Eva.  Then I saw I could flirt w/ her and was like "what is going on...I thought they were married?"  But yeah...maybe the journal entries are just their final form for at the end of the game??  I too have decided to not read the entries.  A shame, really.  Huge oversight by Obsidian.

There was an update just now, and the entries I checked (Eva, Otto jr, Paul, Claus, Agnes) seem to be fixed and show the intended parts for Act I. Tho Ottilia's bio haven't changed so that one is supposed to be there for Act I I guess?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arhae said:

There was an update just now, and the entries I checked (Eva, Otto jr, Paul, Claus, Agnes) seem to be fixed and show the intended parts for Act I. Tho Ottilia's bio haven't changed so that one is supposed to be there for Act I I guess?

I'm still in Act 1 and Eva and Otto still show

Spoiler

married

in their bios.