You get up to 3 "points" per disposition, ranging from a min of 6 unfavored to a max of 6 favored (there's no way to "erase" the unfavored points like in poe1).

if you look at the character overview screen, there's a "reputation" tab. for your mainchar, you can just count the numbers in your favored and disfavored dispositions.

for non-main characters, they don't have their own reputation tab, but your mercenaries still track disposition. they use the favored/disfavored disposition of their deity/order, but they are scored based on the mainchar's reputation (so it can be bad if you have a mainchar priest/paladin and a mercenary priest/paladin of conflicting dispositions). for obsidian-created npcs, they don't have any favored/disfavored dispositions, so they will always be at a neutral state (xoti, pallegina, vatnir).

see bottom of either https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/priest or https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/paladin

The gamefaqs link is great, it provides information that doesn't appear in the game, or does appear but isn't clear.

So, to calculate the bonus to a priest's spiritual weapon we have:

base_effect + scaling_effect * (1 + invert(.2 * favored_score1, .2 * favored_score1, -.2 * disfavored_score1, -2. * disfavored_score2))

To calculate the highest possible bonus, let's assume that there are no disfavored layouts and the favored layouts are at their highest value:

Favored_score1 = 2 * 0.6 = 1.2

Favored_score2 = 2 * 0.6 = 1.2

And finally:

0.2 + 0.05 * (1.2 + 1.2) =  0,32,            32%

Is this correct?

Edited by WQAS

no, i think it was unclear what i was saying by a max of 6.

i meant that there was a max across your dispositions of 6. each can still only get up to 3. I specify this because you can have a mix, e.g. 6 disfavored 0 favored, 6 disfavored 2 favored, 4 disfavored 6 favored, etc.

but in favored_score1 you can only have up to 3, favored_score2 you can only have up to 3, etc.

so you'd get

.2 + .05 * (1 + .6 + .6) = 31% lash

(you forgot the 1 as well. it means in the neutral case you have 25% lash)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is Allied AoE and Friendly Aura the same?

I know this may be a very basic question, but I still don't have Pallegina to prove it.

The question is about some Chanter abilities. In the wiki effects description it says:

The Brideman Slew Thirty 'Fore They Crossed Half the Hall: Allied AoE + Self

Shatter Their Shackles, Cast off Their Chains: Allied AoE + Self

But instead:

Ancient Memory: Friendly Aura, and

One Dozen Stood Against the Power of the Saint: Friendly Aura

Does this mean that, for example, Ancient Memory does not restore the Chanter's health?

the two invocations you list that say "allied aoe + self" are that way because their effect emits a cone from the chanter. so, without a "self" aspect, it would not actually affect the chanter, so it has an additional "self"-targeting effect so the chanter benefits.

the chanter chants are big circles that sit on top of the chanter, centered on the chanter, so it doesn't need a separate "self" effect to make sure the chants affect the chanter.

so don't worry, all those effects affect the chanter itself.

Edited by thelee