Infinite food crashing game

My world is plagued due to a bug at the trash heap biome. For some reason the game started lagging. It got worse and worse. My friends and I didn’t know why. One of my friends stumbled upon the trash heap where food was spawning constantly, this crashing our game. Apparently, a black ant killed a wevill and the food somehow glitched. This problem persisted over multiple sessions. No we didn’t cause this. We’re upset. Put a lot of effort into our world. We’ve tried “fix game” and re loading the game. Nothing. Now I’m reaching out for help. To see if we can get a deb to fix this problem. Please let us know. 

Sharingon777

• Like 2

Same dude, this is what I saw outside of trash heap in the east side where you swim under a couple bags…5B4D75F6-3942-4B39-B985-8C5B13EAA61E.thumb.jpeg.5833b16b2ff73909e97636416bda04df.jpeg

ants were carrying apple and hotdog bits, trying I guess to pathfind through here despite the water and ending up dropping the food and going back nearby for more. Checked and Is happening in two different shared worlds I have.

• Like 1

If you put it all together, and delete it, the game goes back to normal, I did that and it worked, and I closed it with a wall of grass, the ants don't pass through it anymore and that doesn't happen anymore, it solved for me, until they fixed the game , because it was impossible to play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bronis said:

If you put it all together, and delete it, the game goes back to normal, I did that and it worked, and I closed it with a wall of grass, the ants don't pass through it anymore and that doesn't happen anymore, it solved for me, until they fixed the game , because it was impossible to play.

-Hello

I'm sorry that you all have been affected by the black ants and their hoarding. The team is aware of this issue, and they hope to have it resolved in an upcoming patch. Please let us know if you're still running into this or any other issue after the patch is available. 

Obsidian Support

Just a friendly reminder these forums are for players to help each other with issues, and not an official way to report bugs. 

Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve these issues!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, we have an update on our server! Before the patch, we were able to fix it by putting up the grass wall and picking up all the. It took quite a bit of time because two of us were stuck in the middle of the food. So I had to build the walls and eat my way to my friends lol. Thank you so much for your help and positivity. I hope everyone’s game is back to normal.