Hey everyone! I'm debating starting a PoTD run and have never finished PoE 2 before. I'm debating having my MC either be a barbarian or a monk or potentially this build here: 

Could anyone give me some of their favorite builds/party composition for your party members? I like to min/max where I can. I will also be using the CP and mods to retrain/respec companions.

6 hours ago, Brakthir said:

Hey everyone! I'm debating starting a PoTD run and have never finished PoE 2 before. I'm debating having my MC either be a barbarian or a monk or potentially this build here: 

Could anyone give me some of their favorite builds/party composition for your party members? I like to min/max where I can. I will also be using the CP and mods to retrain/respec companions.

Monk and Barbarian are extremely strong in this game. Monk if you take Swift Flurry, Heartbeat Drumming and Whispers of the Wind is ridiculously powerful and Barbarian with Driving Roar or Barbaric Retalliation is incredible. In terms of who pairs well with them it's honestly anything. Wizard is nice for Combusting Wounds and Expose Vulnerabilities, Cipher is great for Pain Block, Phantom Foes and Mental Binding, Paladin can be nice to take the heat off them and heal too, Priest is fantastic in general. 

I did a run with a Priest, Wizard, Monk, Barbarian and Cipher recently and it was so easy and comical how much damage the monk and barb were doing.

For me, after reading (lots) of @Constentin levine cheese my next run will include :

- an arcane archer/mage slayer with frostseeker bow or a bloodmage/mageslayer IF the phantom can apply mageslayer passive too (need confirmation). Role : dps and spellcaster disabling

- a SC Kindwayfarer dual wielding. Main Healer and tank

- a monk/chanter with azure blade and mohora tenga. Can chain swift flurry in aoe on chant crit (if i understand well), and produce weak skeleton for inginite zeal for the paladin

- a SC druid with effort and Avenging storm. Dps and heal. (And paladin can become immune to poison, and druid have lots of it)

- a SC barbarian with a Morning star or Lord darring voulge for Dps and lowering fortitude.

Most of the team can regen ressource and are sturdy, you can insta disable casters, annihilates mobs and even boss while having lot of heals.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Exanos said:

- an arcane archer/mage slayer with frostseeker bow or a bloodmage/mageslayer IF the phantom can apply mageslayer passive too (need confirmation).

Phantom only copy your items/weapons/armor, they have their "own" classe (wizard-like). The living illusions from the Shroud of Phantasm are weak and have short duration but they are a real copy of yourself, and have Spell Disruption.