Face and Cloth Editor in KOTOR 2

I think that "rule" is BS. It's a rumor started on the Bioware boards.

Other LucasArts games have modding tools. Akari went on record of saying once on this forum that if they were able to, they would release the model format. When asked directly, the devs gave some great reasons why they're not releasing tool sets. The data formats change frequently during the development process. Not all the coding is perfectly notated.

Games are either designed from the get-go to work with an editor, or not. And while a full tool-set won't be released, I think they should release the model format post-launch.

What other LucasArts games have been released with an SDK?(especially the Star Wars ones) Maybe mr. Lucas himself wants to control his intellectual property, thus not releasing any mod-tools at all.

Please correct me if i'm wrong on this issue.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It is indeed LucasArts that has dictated no SDK for the KoTOR series, even though a few of their other SW titles do have editing tools, although which ones particularly escape me. This was one of the reasons why Bioware had to create the Odyssey rather than just a rewritten Aurora.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

As all we know due to LucasArts requirements NO modding/editing tools will be available to the public, so this discussion is pointless. :(

Don't forget that LA isn't doing us a favor by having this game made. This is a business, and we are the customers. If we make enough noise about what we want they will think twice about not releasing tools and model formats.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Don't forget that LA isn't doing us a favor by having this game made. This is a business, and we are the customers. If we make enough noise about what we want they will think twice about not releasing tools and model formats.

don't hold your breath.

people complained about this after the last game was released and nothing happened. bottom line people will still buy the game regardless of wether or not they release editing tools and lucas arts knows this.

Think of it this way, how many people bought UT2004 solely because of the editor? naturally you might have a small percentage but for the majority they bought the game for the game.

another thing, editors work great on MP games simply because a large mod community ensures that fresh content like new maps will keep the game alive and profitable for a much longer period. for a SP only game like KOTOR a company can make more by releasing an expansion pack (not likely w/KOTOR2 either IMO) than providing an editor.