35 minutes ago, patronkus said:

Unsure if this works with DOT spells like Priest Symbols or Plague of Insects but either way its a potent effect.

There is the Vithrack Silk Slippers (5% chance to repeat spell), and for priest, Echoes of Faith (Marux Amanth, 10% chance to repeat spell).

Symbols are not DoT but On pulse Attack, so that work fine fine them. In other side, DoT are not a spell per tick, only the attack roll can proc the Whale of a Wand. 

Beams work really nicely with Sea Story, but The Hand of Weal and Woe, if charming an enemy, will heal them ! 

Storm of Holy Fire (and other similar spells) work fine too, each pulse proc some spells. So if Echoes of Faith is applyed, it is not the whole spell that is casted again, but the missile, of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelee said:

hang on - maybe this was an obvious interaction, but does that mean that with vithrack slippers or marux amanth, each pulse on each target of a symbol grants a 5% or 10% or even both combined for 14.5% chance of repeating the symbol???

Only the attack on the target that have proc the echoe, not the whole symbol ! But for other AoE spells like Fireball, the full fireball is repeated.

By the way, a Priest of Magran - Evoker have 30% (Evocation), 10% (Echoes of Faith) and 5% (Vithrack) chance to repeat the wizard'spells from the Priest tree. With the Ray of Fire, only the proc on target is repeated (in reality the beam is launched twice), the flame shield cause 2 reliatations, and Torrent of Flame is launched twice (or more if the repeated spell is echoed too?)

My Seraphen-Test (with the 100% chance to echo cipher's spells prolonged) have not chain-spell but maybe I didnt try the good spell! 

Edit :

1123656548_amplifiedwave.png.d1380506607d6752b006c5c98595f687.png

With 100% chance to echo spells, Amplified Wave proc 4 times ( Vague Amplifiée in the combat log). I dont know why for the moment.

Mind Lance proc only 2 times, so no chain-spell casting with %chance to echo in any case.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Only the attack on the target that have proc the echoe, not the whole symbol ! But for other AoE spells like Fireball, the full fireball is repeated.

i'm still a little confused as to how this would work.

ok, so the entire spell wouldn't repeat. but would the entire AoE effect repeat? So if you have 5 enemies being hit, and one of them triggers vithrak/marux amanth, only the one gets hit again? or all 5 enemies get hit again by another aoe pulse?

11 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

If it works like I think it does, the individual hit roll(s) for that particular proc against that particular unit gets repeated.

Yes, with pulsing spells and beam, but with a delayed fireball, this is the whole spell that is launched a second time (every regular and AoE attack spells).

Edit : Echoing spell from an Empowered Spell are also Empowered (5 inspirations with Seraphen on Amplified Wave & Least Unstable Coil). 

Edited by Constentin Lévine