When my monk-test n°873 was trying to do some try, the combat log mention a fire lash with the damages from Kitchen Stove (Turning Wheel). 

Kitchen Stove was equipped in main hand, with Frostfall in offhand. The test was about ranged monk, with a melee weapon to benefice from the two handed style recovery bonus for the ranged one. I already know for Swift Flurry that proc a ranged attack in this configuration when attacking in melee, but that appears that also work with other melee "passives" like Heartbeat Drumming (maybe Swift Flurry) and Turning Wheel when attacking with the ranged weapon.

If somebody can confirm that work also for him (then it is not a bug for me), pearhaps the configuration could open the melee door for ranged weapons with a lot of other things.

Yes, if you have a melee weapon in the offhand it can trigger Swift Flurry and HBD as know. Special is that both of those abilities don't execute the additional attacks with the offhand weapon but always with the main hand weapon - it doesn't matter wether it's a ranged one or not.

However, the crit chains that can normally happen with SF/HDB can't happen that way because the ranged weapon in the main hand cannot proc SF/HBD themselves. 

So it's: offhand melee attack -> triggers SF/HBD -> procs main hand ranged attack -> stop

instead of: offhand melee attack -> triggers SF/HBD -> procs main hand melee attack -> triggers SF/HBD -> procs main hand melee attack and so on

At least that's what I figured out from previous tests. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

So it's: offhand melee attack -> triggers SF/HBD -> procs main hand ranged attack -> stop

Yes, I badly read the log, and didn't see the melee attack at the origin of the proc. 

I was thinking about Sharpshooter' effect where the range (< or > 4m) determinate the bonus. But I read the combat log correctely today and SF/HBD doesnt work in this way.