Hello,

Does anyone else find it annoying an nonsensical that you somehow fit EIGHT (sometimes more) tools/weapons in your tiny backback that only has 20 slots?

I present to you... the toolbelt! A literal belt that is separate from your backback inventory and has a minimum of eight slots for all your weapons, tools, canteen and torches. I says a minimum of eight because I like to carry spare torches - the torch+ doesn't last so long that one is enough to explore an entire anthill sometimes. Or, if you prefer the helmeted approach, you'd need an extra slot for the firefly helmet. Yes, this is a survival game and managing your inventory is important, but it just doesn't make sense for these teenagers to not wear toolbelts - or belts of any description for that matter.

You could even go one step further and not have the toolbelt at game start; the devs could probably make it an item that you find and, once you equip it, it permanently adds slots to your inventory, just for your tool.

100% agree that items equipped to the current Hotpouch slots should not take up space in the main backpack. 

By making this small change, a separate tool belt wouldn't be needed. The Hotpouch is essentially a tool belt, but just doesn't fully function like one because of storage overlap.

+1
I agree, the hotpouch/hotbar/tool belt needs to be separate from the backpack inventory.   Space is so limited once you have your tools, torch(2), canteen, & food. 
Especially since food does not stack.

Not the best idea. The problem of lack of space in the inventory, indeed, exists, but to solve it, it is more reasonable to simply add a mechanism for expanding it. And as for the 'unreality' of placing the entire arsenal in a backpack, a toolbelt (or something similar) is no better.

10 hours ago, iMiAMi2014 said:

Not the best idea. The problem of lack of space in the inventory, indeed, exists, but to solve it, it is more reasonable to simply add a mechanism for expanding it. And as for the 'unreality' of placing the entire arsenal in a backpack, a toolbelt (or something similar) is no better.

How so? I can fit eight weapons/tools in my tiny backback, but not hang them from my belt?

11 hours ago, Tyverus89 said:

How so? I can fit eight weapons/tools in my tiny backback, but not hang them from my belt?

You yourself answered your own question. In the game - easily, but then the question arises: why produce a bunch of belts and / or backpacks, if you can simply increase the capacity of one virtual inventory (displayed on the character in the form of a backpack). In reality, both options are unfeasible in terms of weight and size parameters. A game is always more or less a convention, even if it is a survival simulator. There is no point in complicating it with decisions that do not correspond to reality anyway.

PS It is worth considering a couple of points. Firstly, with an equal total number of inventory slots, one universal slot is much more profitable than several specialized ones. And secondly, the option of a single inventory with the possibility of its expansion is much easier to implement technically than several specialized inventories.

Edited by iMiAMi2014