KOTOR Redux and TSL in a Box Set like GTA

Ok how about KOTOR redux or Special Edition with the release of TSL?

I know, I know, why revisit the first game? To do all the things that Bioware could have done with KOTOR but didn't, and add new replay value to a dull Darkside game.

-Like recruiting Dark Side characters like Darth Bandon, Yuthura, or Master Uthar, and having them as playable charcters. Even the insane Jorak Uln. He would have been the counter to Jolee. Imagine the stories that nut would have told! :D

- return to the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine as the Dark Lord and take out Masters Vandar, Vrook, Zhar, and the other Jedi there.

(You kill everyone in the Sith Academy on Korriban. The Darkside game should have been able to do this in reverse)

-Take control of the Leviathan and complete the mission for the Star Forge

Something like this would require new cut scenes for planet arrivals, but giving the gamer a chance to strut up and down the bridge of their own Star Destoyer as the Dark Lord would have been sweet! Landings could be done with a small ship or shuttle like the one Bastilla flies to the unknown planet.

there are actually a few people I know who are modding the PC Game so that they can take control of the Leviathan.

(Carth, Juhani, Jolee, Mission and Zalbaar would flee at points in the game, and would all leave after the character accepts the fact that he/she is the Dark Lord)

It was stupid that they all stuck around following Dark Side Revan.

The PC would then fine Carth and Co trying to complete the missions on their own when they run into their ole pal Revan.

A few polishing touches and some additional voice acting and cut scenes would finish this off.

Gamers would be compelled to play the REDUX first, and it would be an even bigger hit the 2nd time around.

Ok how about KOTOR redux or Special Edition with the release of TSL?

I know, I know, why revisit the first game? To do all the things that Bioware could have done with KOTOR but didn't, and add new replay value to a dull Darkside game.

-Like recruiting Dark Side characters like Darth Bandon, Yuthura, or Master Uthar, and having them as playable charcters. Even the insane Jorak Uln. He would have been the counter to Jolee. Imagine the stories that nut would have told! :D

- return to the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine as the Dark Lord and take out Masters Vandar, Vrook, Zhar, and the other Jedi there.

(You kill everyone in the Sith Academy on Korriban. The Darkside game should have been able to do this in reverse)

-Take control of the Leviathan and complete the mission for the Star Forge

Something like this would require new cut scenes for planet arrivals, but giving the gamer a chance to strut up and down the bridge of their own Star Destoyer as the Dark Lord would have been sweet! Landings could be done with a small ship or shuttle like the one Bastilla flies to the unknown planet.

there are actually a few people I know who are modding the PC Game so that they can take control of the Leviathan.

(Carth, Juhani, Jolee, Mission and Zalbaar would flee at points in the game, and would all leave after the character accepts the fact that he/she is the Dark Lord)

It was stupid that they all stuck around following Dark Side Revan.

The PC would then fine Carth and Co trying to complete the missions on their own when they run into their ole pal Revan.

A few polishing touches and some additional voice acting and cut scenes would finish this off.

Gamers would be compelled to play the REDUX first, and it would be an even bigger hit the 2nd time around.

i dont think obsidian is allowed to edit the first kotor, and i dont think bioware would.....

its a great idea though, but it would change the story a bit...

They don't need Bioware's permission to do a Redux.

They would however need permission from Lucas Arts since it's their franchise and they are the publishers.

Games are constantly ported from PC to Console or Console to PC with new 3rd party developers who add new details to not just graphics and levels, but story lines.

Such changes like the ones I mentioned wouldn't require a change in the story, and only minor changes graphically.

Some extra voice acting and cut scenes at best.

If I can find the site I will post a link to where someone had managed to set up a work bench in the armory on the Command Deck, housed party members in the barracks, and connected the bridge level so that it would activate from the elevator.

It's not a first class job mind you. The crew on the bridge of the Leviathan ignore the PC, but the computer on the brige has been changed so that you can visit the mission planets.

Imagine what the guys at Obsidian could do?

This was actually cleared up on the Bioware boards some time ago I believe.

- LucasArts owns KotOR.

- BioWare developed it; LucasArts payed for it.

- LucasArts owns all rights to the future of KotOR.

- Obsidian Entertainment has the KotOR license now.

BioWare is providing technical support on their licensed engine "Odyssey".

That is the end of the line as far an Bioware is concerned.

KOTOR is an Expanced Universe creation that first came from Dark Horse Comics. Under their agreement, anything they create in the Star Wars Universe becomes the property of Lucasfilm and it's sister companies.

So Bioware owns nothing. They had the license to make the game, and that's all they had.

I tried in vain to find the site that has the MOD for the Leviathan. I actually thought it was at Holowan Labs but I couldn't find it.

I did find the MODS for recruitable Darth Bandon, Yuthura, and Dustil. Though that's not the same thing.

My point is rank amatures are doing this. Obsidian could probably do this in their sleep.

*wonders why Ender changed what had to be the most original avatar I have ever seen*