Fallout Game and Setting Suggestion

RPGobsessed

Obsidian should work with Xbox for a new Fallout game, maybe using Unreal Engine 5. For a setting, I think Florida being an overgrown mutated mix of a  tropical jungle and swamp would be awesome. The factions could be tribal societies comprised of hut villages and self-built stone cities wanting to expand north, plus more powerful out-of-state factions seeking to colonize south. Enemies could be carnivorous plants, rad gators, predator cats, and huge snakes. There could be mutant birds enriching the environment by singing, and mutant monkeys that, like the predator cats, could’ve escaped from a zoo in the war. I hope you like my idea !

Edited by RPGobsessed

• RPGobsessed changed the title to Fallout Game and Setting Suggestion
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm hoping there can be some kind of agreement made for Obsidian to assist in creating another Fallout game. Make it a small story related to the current timeline. Maybe a distant brotherhood group or a defected enclave unit. Or how about a different perspective on the events of Vault 0 and Vault 99? Maybe even help produce a part in a Netflix series connecting the story of BIGMT. (Which we all will happily pay for). 

Posted (edited)

If Avowed+The Outer Worlds 2 are gonna underperform, MS will delegate Obsidian to do Fallout franchise product for eternity anyway -- and inXile to handle the spinoffs and crossovers. 😄 Just think about it:

Fallout: Beverly Hills.
Fallout: Shanghai.
Fallout: Escape From New York.
Fallout: Cyrodiil.
Fallout: Vault 1.

The demand is obviously there, right now more than ever due to the show. But kids that were made when Bethesda gave birth to the the last main game are close to finishing elementary school. And cycles like that aren't going to come down, at least on the blockbusting tier. That is, unless every company expands to have a thousand employees -- Starfield was started in 2015. It's not their, pardon me, vault!

Off-topic: I can totally see the attraction of people like Raphael Colantonio (CEO and founder of Arkane Studios) leaving that market and starting anew with a smaller company doing smaller games...

You're spending a lifetime doing just one game. And immediately upon shipping it, you're going to hop on the next project and spend even longer on getting that shipped. As graphical fidelity and dev time has increased tenfold alongside to it. AI and tools may help, but that's not gonna fundamentally change on the cutting edge of technology.

Edited by Sven_

• 2 months later...

Why not make it isometric? That way it would be clearly something different from Bethesda and it's not-really-Fallout games ;) 

Games like Pillars of Eternity, Phoenix Point, Weird West and Baldur's Gate 3 shows that you can make great isometric games and they're quite popular. 

Would be amazing if we could get real Fallout 1 and 2 feeling again :) 

Edited by kruky
  • Like 2