Summoning Reaping Knives on someone change his weapon set to the knives, but there is a way to alter that :

After the Reaping Knives are summoned, the "target" cant change his weapons but can change his form : Spiritshifting or drinking a Potion of the Fearless Brute is allowed. When the form effect expire, the target return to his weapon set , and have as beneficial effect "reaping knives". The effect is now different : 5 focus per hit. Multi-hits weapons generate quickly the focus for the caster, and with Hemmorhaging 's Effort, every hit from spell generate now 5 focus too.

Weapons like Keeper of the Flame or WotEP can "focus-back" 10 focus per hit, the area of effect is generating only for 1 hit.

This is a little tweak since I personally never used Reaping Knives for the focus back, but against Boss or whatever that can be useful. 

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah, I tried to keep Reaping Knives with Draining Touch and Minor Blights - like I did with Llengrath's Great Sword. Sadly Reaping Knives will still disappear. 

But I didn't notice that the new weapon that replaced the r-knives will retain the r-knives' focus harvesting effect. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods