Prestige Enchantment, the scaling Transcendant Suffering overview

I generaly rarely use the monk's fists because uniques weapons are most of time really effectives and fists suffers from the lack of enchantments. Also never use Death Godlikes because they require BDD management, and excepted for Wizards or Priests, they need a part-time baby-sitting character to keep them alive.

But because fists are the only weapons wich stack with PL, I hired a SC monk to see the potential of Transcendant Suffering. And by the way, the Forbidden fist ability.

For Monk, stacking rules prevent to reach higher than +10PL in my tests.

In first, my monk is level 20 ... PL9

He pick Prestige ... PL10

Bonus from food (+1), potion (+2), Stone of power (+1) and Acute (+1) are overrided by

the Ooze Trinket * (+4) ... PL14

He empower an ability while the Weyc Wand equipped (+3) ... PL 17

And use Mortification of the Soul to be Near Death (+3) ... PL 20

Whereas a legendary Weapon scale to +60% damages, +15acc and +4pen, my monk's fists have +155% damages, +42 acc and +11pen. The Forbidden fist ability profit on top of that from +95% damages (PL monk) and +19 acc. That was without some Forbidden curses.

Abilities also profit from PL, and Swift Flurry gain +4acc from capacity level and 19 acc from PL. For Whisper of the Wind, +16acc from capacity level and +11 from PL. Both profit to a Pen bonus too.

My 19 perception Monk with Tuotilo's Palm, with 6 wounds (the razor edge and enduring dance) and with Tenacious (+2pen) on a Whisper of the wind give in the combat log :

178 acc and 26,8 pen on hit, 174 acc and 25,8 pen on swift flurry proc hit.

I didnt take the damages rolls in my notes, but considering the lash from Turning Wheel did more damages than some weapons. The base damage for monk's fists is 14-19 crush with 7pen for 0,5-3,0s, at the beginning.

It is possible, using the same followed steps, to get a sneak attack at 130% ( and with CP, a devastating Backstab) or a Carnage near to 100% of base weapon. The AoE is not affected through.

It is achievable to reach more with SC casters, for exemple, in my try, my SC Bellower +7PL from Classe passive was stacking with everythink. The Stag lance seems stacking as well. I'm actually trying to refind how I had a Eld Nary with 24 Bounces ( with these followed steps, PL 27, eld Nary bounce (27-8)/2 rounded up at the sup, 22 times — I got 5 more PL once but cant remember how. I just made a screenshot ; so maybe 3 more PL for Monk (without counting the lance)).

Edit : using Hellfire Ironclad Trinket (+2), and get Brilliant from item (least unstable coil but maybe also Shroud of phantasm and acute from Whispers from the Dephts) give another stackable PL. Switching for the Lance of the Midwood Stag after empowored with the Weyc' Wand give 2 another PL. With the +7 PL from Bellower, 32PL. However, with the Hellfire trinket + acute from Whispers of the Dephts, my Monk stay at PL20 (or 21, doesnt change Transcendant Suffering) with these fists. I have no explanation.

* : about this trinket, it is not like usual "draining effect" abilities : the duration is depending effectively to the caster int and this one will be turned "off" for the same duration, but contrarly to other similars spells, the effect can be extended for the target and, then, stay after the caster' return as long prolonged.

Like I said, it is possible I missed some items or sources for another stacking PL for my monk.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 3

Wow, I didn't realize you could stack PLs so high! Thanks for sharing this. Just for clarification, you have a teammate wear the ooze trinket and use it on you, right? I see that in addition to +4 PLs it also heals you considerably. Do you use Mortification of the Soul after the merge to get back down to near death, and then have a priest companion extend it with Salvation of Time?

Edited by dgray62
Additional question

Yes, I write exactely the order I followed, but that was because I was trying on a FF monk : when I want to test something that require to stay Bloodied or Near death, I multiclasse with a drug-crashed Nazpalca monk (no heal). And, of course, SoT priest is mandatory, per-rest limited abilities (empowering is also limited) mean you want a return to investissement in the just mesure. :)

• Like 1

1518311218_824.png.4dc23bf3f86a53ef5316636e47a722bc.png

The chanter have 10 might and he's not energized.

You can deduct from the Pen the Power Level : 20.5 - ( 10 (base) +3.5 (Ability level (8-1)/2 )  + 1 (The Arrow Sing) ) = 6 ; 6/0.25 = 24 ; 24+8 = 32

Because 7PL are restricted to the classe, that mean 25 PL "generic" scaling with scrolls, potions, poisons, bombs, but especially abilities and spells from items (seven bolts etc), armor (Retentless storm etc) and weapons (thunderous report, spider's flurry, wind calling etc). Weapons triggering effects are not concerned by PL.

PS this spell at this level is dangerous : the twister is very slow and bounce on your party when the combat is over. My fives characters, originally full healthies, take a least 2 injuries (all of them) after the combat end.

• Like 3