Is overlevelling possible?

PoE 2 will be my first C-RPG. I am turn based JRPG addict, I will play this game turn based. I really a big fan of being overlevelled and making mobs and bosses pieces of cake in turn based games. Is it possible in this game? I opened the game last night and I saw "level scaling", thanks God It was not mandatory.

In the early game you can't - but once you leave the starting area you can go wherever you please and also fight enemies that are weak compared to you. 

I suggest to go to where the game points you first and do some non-violent quests to gain some levels - then it's easier to find underleveled enemies after. 

If you also own the DLC "The Forgotten Sanctum": here finally the enemies are of max level - so overleveling isn't possible anymore in these parts.

If you follow the main questline instead of doing all the side quests first you can also overlevel more quickly. The main quest line gives a lot of XP. If you complete a step of it (as soon as you can) you will most likely be able to level up more quickly - and then do a lot of the side quests overleveled.

An easier way to make sure to make enemies piece of cake is to simply turn down the game difficulty. Less hassle with finding enemies of lower level than you. ;)

Another way to make enemies piece of cake is to employ a character build that is very powerful - or even cheesy. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

To be fair, even with level scaling, I would say you're still overleveling enemies. Not because they don't gain enough levels, but because levels don't help them as much as they help you. A monster that is intended to be fought at level 18 probably has a lot of cool moves. A monster that is intended to be fought at level 4, but has been brought up to 18 by scaling, just has improved stats but the same lame moves.

You gain stats, abilities and a presumed degree of gear improvement with levels; mobs only gain stats.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Thank you very much everyone. I really liked the game. The lore is adorable. Only negative side of the game is it does not have any third person cutscenes. I wish see those amazingly written gods in third person cutscenes. But actually it is not negative because the game is Obsidian's pre-Microsoft game I hope we will see those gods in 3d third person cutscenes in Avowed maybe in Pillars of Eternity 3.